Home Non Cigar Related

dark knight

jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
all I can say is "wow!"

Comments

• rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I haven't seen it yet but I really want to. My son saw it at the first midnight showing on Thursday night and said that it is probably the best of all the Batman movies.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    rdnstn:
    I haven't seen it yet but I really want to. My son saw it at the first midnight showing on Thursday night and said that it is probably the best of all the Batman movies.
    My daughter saw it Friday night and as kids describe things it went like this ... It was Fricken Awesome !!
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I haven't seen it, but my favorite has always been and still is the first one. How old are the kiddos we're hearing from?
    urbino:
    I haven't seen it, but my favorite has always been and still is the first one. How old are the kiddos we're hearing from?
    First let me say I bought these kids on E-Bay because I would never allow such language in my fricken house.. But they are seventeen and twenty..that was the seventeen year old talking.. And that was an exact quote, that is really as harsh as the language gets. They probably say worse when they are not around me, but they are at least respectful enough to make a point and still be courteous.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    urbino:
    Well my son is 15, but most the time I trust his judgement on movies because our tastes are pretty similar.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im gunna see it tomorrow. this isn the first batman movie ive been excited about since the first tim burton batman.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    While on my vacation on in Kenosha, WI my family wanted to see this movie tonight... but it was sold out... THAT IS A FIRST FOR KENOSHA FOR ANY MOVIE EVER MADE...

So that being said... it must be good!
    just got back.

damn.
    the goal of this director in this and the last batman movie, i feel, was to make it more believable. Make batman an atainable figure. this is accomplished. i dont wanna give a way too much so ill stop now.
  • kodkod Posts: 41
    I just saw it and it was amazing. This movie had it all. Ledger was great as the joker.
    I heard a report somewhere that it was because he'd gotten his head so completely into the Joker character that Ledger couldn't sleep, which was why he was taking the pills that killed him.

Dunno if that's true or not. If it is, it'll be hard for me to really enjoy the fact that he plays the character so well. (From all I've heard.)
    i dont know how anyone could handle that for a long time. it was hard core. It was how a supremly evil clown SHOULD be acted. ... that or capitan spalding, but thats a different movie.
    urbino:
    I heard a report somewhere that it was because he'd gotten his head so completely into the Joker character that Ledger couldn't sleep, which was why he was taking the pills that killed him.

Dunno if that's true or not. If it is, it'll be hard for me to really enjoy the fact that he plays the character so well. (From all I've heard.)
    I heard the very same thing today on a radio show today.. perhaps it is a new Urban Legend.. Hey that sounds like a good cigar name..
    kaspera79:
    urbino:

I heard the very same thing today on a radio show today.. perhaps it is a new Urban Legend.. Hey that sounds like a good cigar name..
    Maybe I could put a blend together for that other site and get it called the Urbino Legend. Or better yet, they could get somebody who actually knows what they're doing -- say, one of the Fuentes -- to put a blend together and I could just put my name on it.

As for the Ledger story, I can't remember where I heard it, but I remember I considered it a reliable source.
  • kodkod Posts: 41
    They have said that on several shows- entertainment tonight, access Hollywood. But it’s nothing more than a ploy to get higher ratings. Those sources said stuff like "he was so immersed with his role as the joker that he had trouble getting out of character." But that’s all wrong you can see photos and pictures of him on set relaxing drinking coffee and just being himself. And its very common to have trouble sleeping. I think Heath just made a mistake and mixed things he shouldn’t have. As for the urbino legend I would defiantly have buy a couple.
    I definitely didn't hear it from one of those shows. I don't watch them.