Home Non Cigar Related

Cadence

alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
Well, our daughter is here. Cadence Preston Ezzell was born at 9:27 pm, weighing in at 8lbs 1oz. I'm just home real quick to smoke a cigar and check on the dog, then its back to the hospital.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    fantastic.

hope its a relaxing cigar. sleep may be hard to come by for a moment.
  • TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    Congrats Alien!! Beautiful name. All the best.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Congratulations Tony. Man, everyone is having kids these days, must be something in the air. :)
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Tony! I'm excited for you brother! Mines only a couple weeks away so I'm in the same boat as you!
    Cheers!
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Tony
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Life as you know it is now over! You have to share the toys. Congrats.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Congrats Tony!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Well, our daughter is here. Cadence Preston Ezzell was born at 9:27 pm, weighing in at 8lbs 1oz. I'm just home real quick to smoke a cigar and check on the dog, then its back to the hospital.
    Congratulations!! My next little one will be here in July!

"Long ashes my friends."

• ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    Congratulations man.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Congrats!! I am very happy for you and your family. Daughters are very special and amazing.
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    Congratulations! As a drummer I have to tell you that Cadence is an awesome name! I will toast her arrival this evening with a fine cocktail and and cigar. Welcome to the world Cadence!
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Tony, CONGRATULATIONS to you and your wife. Cadence is a beautiful name. I didn't know you folks were expecting. You never mentioned this at the forums did you? 'Cause if you did, I missed it.

I hope you have something FANTASTICALLY SPECIAL to light up tonight? Think BIG 'bro... like OPUS X or GOF. Is this your first?
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Congrats! As the father of two beatuiful girls, I know that there is nothing better.
  • BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    Wait till she's a little older and you come home from work! That one minute every day becomes such a priceless treasure. Not to take away from the joy now, but realize that with every joy you experience today, it will only grow come tomorrow.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    CONGRATULAIONS BRO!!!!! Kids are amazing, and I can't wait to have my own. Best of luck with your new daughter.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Congratulations Tony , love the name by the way !!! Hope mom and baby are doing well. Put up some pics when everything calms down ...
  • smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Wow man thats awesome!!! Congratulations!! You should invest in a humidor with a lock!!
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    Tony, CONGRATULATIONS to you and your wife. Cadence is a beautiful name. I didn't know you folks were expecting. You never mentioned this at the forums did you? 'Cause if you did, I missed it.

I hope you have something FANTASTICALLY SPECIAL to light up tonight? Think BIG 'bro... like OPUS X or GOF. Is this your first?
    She is our first, I did mention it when I was looking at getting a box of cigars for my plan. I actually smoked a JDN Antano last night. My plan is: I have a box of them set aside. Every year on her birthday, I will smoke one more out of the box, and with each one I smoke, I am going to write a letter to her, roll it up, wrap the band (which I am writing the date on) around it, and place it back in the cellophane. On her 18th birthday, I'm going to give her the box with all the notes from the previous 18 years.

For tonight, I had an Alec Bradley Pryme, and I still have the 2 Padron 64's set aside for my good friend and I to smoke in celebration.
    Oh, and here are a couple of pictures:

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Congrats Tony! Beautiful little girl! I know that feeling very well and I promise you will just get more crazy about her by the day.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    laker1963:

She is our first, I did mention it when I was looking at getting a box of cigars for my plan. I actually smoked a JDN Antano last night. My plan is: I have a box of them set aside. Every year on her birthday, I will smoke one more out of the box, and with each one I smoke, I am going to write a letter to her, roll it up, wrap the band (which I am writing the date on) around it, and place it back in the cellophane. On her 18th birthday, I'm going to give her the box with all the notes from the previous 18 years.

For tonight, I had an Alec Bradley Pryme, and I still have the 2 Padron 64's set aside for my good friend and I to smoke in celebration.
    What a great idea. She'll treasure that. I saved the newspapers from the day each of my kids were born, your idea is much better.

Beautiful photos by the way!
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Beautiful little girl Tony !!!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    ..Congratulations to you and your wife on the beautiful addition to your family.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the new one!!!
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    congrats, Alien...I have a three-month-girl myself so I know what you're about to go through.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Sweet... congratulations.
    Thanks for the well-wishes everyone, last night was her first night home. She is a really good baby so far, sleeps through the night, barely even wakes up when we feed her. She has gotten a little fussy for about an hour or so around 8PM the past two nights, but even then its not that bad. My fingers are crossed hoping it stays this way, lol.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Congrats Tony! Beautiful little future heart-breaker!
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Thanks for the well-wishes everyone, last night was her first night home. She is a really good baby so far, sleeps through the night, barely even wakes up when we feed her. She has gotten a little fussy for about an hour or so around 8PM the past two nights, but even then its not that bad. My fingers are crossed hoping it stays this way, lol.
    Holy crap...after three months, my baby isn't sleeping through the night...she usually goes to sleep around 11 or 12 p.m. and then is up again around 4 a.m. or so, ready to eat. Enjoy it man.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Hey Tony congrats brother. Sorry I didn't see this earlier. You have a healthy little girl there!

Just wait until she comes home with her first boyfriend and tells you "Hey Dad you'll like him, he's just like you" Then you'll remember how you were are 14, 15, 16 HAHAHAHAHAHA