Home Non Cigar Related

Starbucks Via

Has anyone had the new Starbucks Via instant coffee? I'm not a huge fan of Starbucks coffee, but this is the best instant coffee I've ever tasted! It won't replace my French press, but its really nice if I want a cup and don't have time to brew it.
Here is the commercial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFvaXXFrg-E

Comments

• shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    I haven't tried it yet but I have been really wanting to - I am glad to find a review in favor of it - might have to pick some up this weekend
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    No buuuut ...Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha ...thats what I'm talking about ...
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Love coffee, but not Starbucks at all...beans are burnt.
  • SmokeeeSmokeee Posts: 220
    Actually, I just did try them both (medium & extra bold) this past weekend. Personally, I didn't like the extra bold one bit. The medium was just ok- would do in a real bind, but wouldn't be my first choice even for an instant coffee. The girl at Starbucks did tell me they are adding more flavors soon. Sure hope its Mocha!!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    nothing will ever replace my Keurig!

"Long ashes my friends."

• BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    Luko:

I have to agree with this. I've never cared much for their coffee. It's so overly bitter that you can't taste any coffee...then your palate is ruined for half the day. I still prefer my drip coffee maker at home with freshed ground whole-bean coffee.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Picked up a couple of the samplers for it today. They were handing them out downtown so I thought why not.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    haven't tried it. i'm pretty partial to brewin it myself. However, I'd drink the via before this kind (and via is a WHOLE LOT cheaper):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    cholmes8310:
    haven't tried it. i'm pretty partial to brewin it myself. However, I'd drink the via before this kind (and via is a WHOLE LOT cheaper):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak

Thats pretty unappetizing...
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    No buuuut ...Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha ...thats what I'm talking about ...
    Have you tried the peppermint white chocolate mocha that they have out for the holidays? It's even better IMO
  • BStayer:
    Luko:

I have to agree with this. I've never cared much for their coffee. It's so overly bitter that you can't taste any coffee...then your palate is ruined for half the day. I still prefer my drip coffee maker at home with freshed ground whole-bean coffee.
    +1. They may not be able to make good espresso, but their froofroo drinks are next to none.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    rdnstn:
    gmill880:
    Have you tried the peppermint white chocolate mocha that they have out for the holidays? It's even better IMO

No but that sounds good I'll give it a try this weekend ...