Home General Discussion

Glass Tube

I just took delivery of 9 stick "crystal collection" of cigars. They are 3 R&J, 3 MCristo and 3 H.Upmann. My question is do I leave them in the glass tubes until I have need to clebrate something (My Upcoming Divorce Finalization possiblly) or do I dump the out and put them in my humi with the common sticks? And if so what is better upper tray or lower tray in the Humi (200 count) Thanks

Comments

• laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    rberge:
    I just took delivery of 9 stick "crystal collection" of cigars. They are 3 R&J, 3 MCristo and 3 H.Upmann. My question is do I leave them in the glass tubes until I have need to clebrate something (My Upcoming Divorce Finalization possiblly) or do I dump the out and put them in my humi with the common sticks? And if so what is better upper tray or lower tray in the Humi (200 count) Thanks

You want to keep them in the tubes and a lot of guys rotate the sticks in their humi's, so both upper and lower trays.

BTW WELCOME to the forums. Drop by the new members forum and introduce yourself to everyone.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    Welcome rberge!! I have some R&J's in glass tubes that I purchased over 2 years ago that have been hibernating in there glass houses. Some people do and some don't. In the end it's what you want to do with them.

I like mine to stay as close as possible, if not exactly the same aesthetially, as they were when I first recieved them. I don't remove the wrapper of my chocolate bar until I'm going to eat it.

my $.02
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a bunch of tubes and kept them in there. Seems to be designed for humidity from the looks of them.
  • Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    where did you get them from(send me a message if not c com if possible) i fancy a few:p ive got one tubed cigar in my humi amt and its got a slideeee section to it so its half slid open, i usually stick um in with the tops off, unless they are sealed with something breakable, like ribbon or some sort of adhesive tape( sticky tape for us brits dont know what you guys call is:p)
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    rberge:
    Best Stewie voice.. " Well, Hello Brian ! " ... Hey rberge, I'd leave them the way I got them. The idea is to smoke them the way they left the roller, so they put them in tubes.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    rberge:
    Best Stewie voice.. " Well, Hello Brian ! " ... Hey rberge, I'd leave them the way I got them. The idea is to smoke them the way they left the roller, so they put them in tubes.
    I agree with that Kas. The only thing I'd add for the original poster is to keep the sealed tubos in your humidor, though they are sealed they can't be expected to maintain humidity on their own. Aside from that though, any time I get a tubed cigar I keep it in the tube without even opening it to look at.