Home General Discussion

stupid

i just thought i would share what my evening was like. After i ate a dinner consisting of delicious turkey day leftovers, i decided it was a fire night. so i went outside got some firewood and built a fire. after it got established, i lit up a beautiful Don Pepin Garcia Blue. after about 10 minutes i had a good ash goin and ws very very pleased with this masterpiece (had about 6 months on it). All of a sudden, a gust of wind came and blew a **** load of sparks into a pile of dry leaves so i jump out of my chair and stomp the impending fire out. in my haste, i still had the cigar in my hand it was quite proud of my civic duty in preventing a forest fire in my backyard. I took a victory puff but was surprised to find a burning cigar butt resting on my tonge instead of the delicious end. my tongue hurts quite badly now and i figured yall would get a good laugh out of it haha

Comments

• ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I have actualy done that same thing. My excuse though is that I was a bit drunk, I had my buddy keep an eye on it while I went to the bathroom, and when he handed it back to me it was backwards! I still remember that taste, it was aweful and my tongue was burt a bit. Not a great cigar night, all made possible by the always delicious Miller Light!
  • Haha well that makes me feel a little bit better. My toungue and my pride are a little burnt but I'll make it through haha
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭

I tried..... LMAO!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Hays:

I tried..... LMAO!
    my thoughts exactly
    at least the tongue heals quickly
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I did the same thing 2 years ago when the Colts were playing the Chargers in a playoff game ... I grabbed up my cigar and stuffed it fire end first into my mouth in my excitement ...This added quite a bit more excitement to my already excited state ...
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, but how did it draw?
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    But did you finish the DPG ?
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    did you taste any hints of cedar or toast?

"Long ashes my friends."

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DOH! I did that the other night just not paying attention but I got lucky and didn't burn myself.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    I ALMOST did this, I had a very nice Partagas that I had rested for about three months and was really looking forward to enjoying....I clipped the end, nice cut with my new Xikar cutter. Walked outside to take my usual comfy spot on the steps...but as I was exiting the door I had to change things around in my hand to grasp the doorknob..drink, ash tray, cigar...mp3 player with my book on tape. Got comfy, lit my cigar and notice a draw that was tight and the end in my mouth didn't feel right...upon examining I realized that I had lit the clipped end and was drawing on the FOOT>>> Anyway it was still a ggod cigar!!! LOL
  • i definately finished it! once i got over the fact my tongue was burnt it was still delicious.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Hawk55:
    I ALMOST did this, I had a very nice Partagas that I had rested for about three months and was really looking forward to enjoying....I clipped the end, nice cut with my new Xikar cutter. Walked outside to take my usual comfy spot on the steps...but as I was exiting the door I had to change things around in my hand to grasp the doorknob..drink, ash tray, cigar...mp3 player with my book on tape. Got comfy, lit my cigar and notice a draw that was tight and the end in my mouth didn't feel right...upon examining I realized that I had lit the clipped end and was drawing on the FOOT>>> Anyway it was still a ggod cigar!!! LOL

I lol'ed. Hahahaha

• betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    A very good friend of mine (and ex-WBF Blogger) had a nice ISOM Montey resting for a year. Then, on his 21st birthday, he got shitfaced, smoked the cigar halfway through, and then somebody put it out on his arm. He was considering having a burial for it the next day, and was much more upset that he smoked that cigar and didn't remember it rather then the festering wound on his arm.