Home General Discussion

Cigar.com and cheaphumidors??

Are they one in the same?? 

Cheaphumidors has a pretty huge Amazon.com presence but sells everything from flashlights to toys and games to gun accessories to optics to knives to air guns to just about anything you can imagine, and very few humidors.  Big Smile [:D]

Only reason I'm curious is that the Xikar cutter stock photo they use has the cigar.com watermark.

Comments

• bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    if not...you just blew their cover! ha!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I think some guy runs that out of his basement.... lol.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    Ha ha ha... it's some company out of Florida and one of his quotes on his competition is...

Cheap:
    CHEAP
    It is funny, my competition thinks this info is so good that almost all of them have stolen it in one way or another for their own websites. They say that imitation is the best form of flattery.
  • Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Much appreciated.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I guess he want be using their photo much longer.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing Cigar.com is affiliated with is a top notch cigar company that you can figure out by looking at their addresses from their catalogs. I guess it is their parent company or something but I am sure most of you know who it is. Cigar.com is top notch on their own as well though.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Good catch, Tex. WOW
  • JKTexJKTex Posts: 92
    I forgot I posted this until now.  I was looking for a cutter and they popped up again.  They sell EVERYWHERE.

Guess that answers my question.  Big Smile [:D]
  • Good to know.

Now, is Cigar International affiliated with Cigar.com or JR Cigars? I forget.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I think it's Ccom they ship from the same address.
    Funny thing is Ccom has a better website.
    jlzimmerman:
    Good to know.

Cigar.com
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    jsnake:
    jlzimmerman:
    Good to know.

Cigar.com

This was discussed on here a while back with in-put from the folks at C.COM and they said they were not affiliated with anyone ( maybe share a warehouse ?) but not owned by or part of if I remember correctly ! CCOM guys feel free to jump in on this one again ...
    gmill880:
    jsnake:
    jlzimmerman:
    Good to know.

Cigar.com

This was discussed on here a while back with in-put from the folks at C.COM and they said they were not affiliated with anyone ( maybe share a warehouse ?) but not owned by or part of if I remember correctly ! CCOM guys feel free to jump in on this one again ...

madurofan:
    I got an answer to the CI question. While there is obviously some relationship they are not the same and they are competitors. Ccom would appreciate us not discussing competitors on the forum. Reasonable to me. Svenson was real nice about it too no attitude or anything. Just let me know the deal.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    nightmaremike31:
    gmill880:
    jsnake:
    jlzimmerman:
    Good to know.

Cigar.com

madurofan:
    I got an answer to the CI question. While there is obviously some relationship they are not the same and they are competitors. Ccom would appreciate us not discussing competitors on the forum. Reasonable to me. Svenson was real nice about it too no attitude or anything. Just let me know the deal.

Thanks Mike I knew we had discussed it before. Thanks for digging that up since I was too lazy to do it haha !!!
    gmill880:
    nightmaremike31:
    gmill880:
    jsnake:
    jlzimmerman:
    Good to know.

Cigar.com

madurofan:

Thanks Mike I knew we had discussed it before. Thanks for digging that up since I was too lazy to do it haha !!!

No worries Gene, I remembered reading it not too long ago so I knew where to find it.

A truck backed up to be loaded and I fat fingered the enter key in a panic, or I would have writen a clever anecdote to go with it...

I want to say there is another one that goes even further, but this was the one I most recently read, so ... ta daa!!

Cigar.Com doesn't swing both ways
    Thanks for sharing the info. Meant no disrespect to Ccom. Just noticed addresses were the same.
  • JKTex:
    Are they one in the same?? 

Cheaphumidors has a pretty huge Amazon.com presence but sells everything from flashlights to toys and games to gun accessories to optics to knives to air guns to just about anything you can imagine, and very few humidors.  Big Smile [:D]

Only reason I'm curious is that the Xikar cutter stock photo they use has the cigar.com watermark.

Maybe I can help clear this up. Firstly, We are not affiliated with Cigar.com or Cigars International. We do have a relationship with CI in which they ship some cigars for us. Secondly, it is true we offer tons of different products on Amazon from cigar accessories to guns, knives, etc. This is only because Amazon doesn't allow you to open more than one store, so if you pigeon hole yourself into a product niche and want to sell other things it looks awkward (ie a cigar accessory company selling pocket knives). Thirdly, we are not run from our basement as I think somebody mentioned. We are in Florida, we have no basements. We do however have a 6000 squarefoot warehouse with 8-12 employees (depending on the season) and ship 99.9% of our products from there. We also run other websites like buylighters.com bowie-knives.com cheaphumidors.com etc. We have the infrastructure, might as well sell what sells :) Oh, and the picture issue. Good point. THe way Amazon works is that a company can create a listing, say a Xikar cutter and upload their image (though watermarks are not allowed). Then other merchants that sell the same thing can "tag" onto that listing. Amazon determines, using their own special sauce, which title is used, which picture is used, which weight is used, etc. So even though I have uploaded a picture, they have the Cigar.com picture showing (even though they don't sell on Amazon anymore). Believe me, I have tried to get listings changed when info is wrong, or blatantly lifted from other sites. But some merchants will do deceptive tricks like tag onto your Amazon listing and change the title to a 5 pack of something when you really only are selling one, then people get mad that they got one, etc. ANyways, sorry to ramble, hope this answered some questions, and hope you all have a wonderful holiday.

Dave
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Dave , That is an informative post that clears all the questions. You have a good Holiday too.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    How did he even find out about this to post here? fisher?