Home General Discussion

Things I Love

genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just saw the discussion on things I hate and thought, how many things I could list. Well, how about the opposite.
Love Christmas time. Love the family. My wife and I love that we are getting closer to be empty nesters. Love the forum. 
How about you guys, what do you love?

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides all the family I would list sex, Florida Gators, my cigars, the forum, relaxing when not at work, catching burglars..... to be continued
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

S E X was edited... jeez
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The vision of s-e-X as it avoids my wife's pee pickin head
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love being outside -- something about the silence of the night sky, or the wind through the trees, or the way a fish takes a lure/fly in the wilderness.

I love friends and a good drink, a beauty smoke, some good unstrained conversation.

I love family time, esp. Christmas. No stress, catching up, seeing my nieces and nephews grow year over year, seeing my kids interact with grandma.

I love a job well done. Work is its own reward. 

I love driving my car. Moments of silence, or loud music if I choose. I love picking a line, chewing out people who drive like idiots, and navigating safely and efficiently through traffic.

I love music -- jazz, country, rock, fusion, funk, bluegrass, country, classical, vocal -- doesn't matter, it just needs to have meaning, to have a certain quality or spirit or feeling to it. 

I love freedom. I love that we live in a country where we can follow whatever conscience/religion/creed we feel is best. 

Good thread @genareddog

“There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love to go on vacation to a beach, lounging on the sand with a nice cold beer in one hand and a good smoke in the other and my wife at my side and all we do is look out! 
    I love to help people, be the hands and feet of God on earth.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭

I love this thread! Too much negativity in the world recently. :-)

I love my wife and daughter the most, my mustang, the community here and my friends. Lots more to list off but im 'working' right now. lol :-)

Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    There is a "Things I love or at least have a strong predilection for" thread down there in the dungeon somewhere. It must have gotten buried. However, you can never have too much love. 
  • Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love my kids and wife.  
    I love the thrill of shooting a deer, hours of boredom for a few seconds of fun, but worth it. 
    Loved playing slow pitch softball, haven't played in years in though 
    will come back add to this later

• Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    I love pi$$'n off my deck at night. I am one with nature.  
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    the cold side of a pillow 
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    Ice cold Milk or Beer 
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
    I love that God is in complete control. Couple of years ago my daughter came home telling us she was pregnant at the age of 16. Could never say it then but now that is the best thing to happen to my daughter. Completely turned her life around. I am playing with my grandson tonight feeling more blessed than anyone should!
     On a not so serious not, I love the candy I call bullseyes 
    I love that spring is right around the corner.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR

smart a$$
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DA HAWKS 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at you guys ... getting all mushy during the Holidays.  Little wussies 

Pho
    Nachos 
    Socks
    Smokes
    Beer
    Baseball
    Apple pie 
    My ccom4um brothas 
    LOL.... Pho fo sure.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

No matter what kind of day you have, i love coming to this forum and seeing all the generosity and friendships made all across the country. Or maybe I just love to see people get blown the **** up.
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    My Kids. 
    Dogs. 
    Early Summer mornings on a Lake.
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    I love being able to live free and speek freely. If I walk with a poster stating this country F'n sucks whale **** I can. Try that in either Korea! And I love this Country is the only one that can feed its occupants without outside assistant. And that includes Pho and Sushi! 
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleep (really, I'd rather take three naps a day than sleep a full night), smoking good tobacco, seafood, peace and quiet, foggy weather.  Oh, and the family, I guess.  :D

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BEER!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• EmceeEmcee Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    I love my wife, absolutely, unequivocally.  I love my daughters and my chosen family.  Love the feeling of wind on my face while riding a motorcycle.  I love a good cigar with a great friend.  And I love music.  Most other things, it's just a strong like.
    I love the fact that the Clinton crime family wont be returning to Washington.
    -- Winston Churchill

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    I love the fact that the Clinton crime family wont be returning to Washington.

Having served under Him, I agree 100%

But first, I truly do love my wife, since no kids remain in the house life is so peaceful and fun even with just the two of us.

Paddling my kayak around Biscayne Bay.

Sampling new cigars looking for the one that says YES this is the one

The things we don't talk about, but make us smile when we think of them.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5