Home Non Cigar Related

Need help from forum gun nuts

LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
I need some advice...I recently picked up a Ruger 357 with a red-dot scope mounted. I'd like to get iron sights and the original ain't with it. Any recommendations of where to pick those up?

Comments

• Joel_H.Joel_H. Posts: 101
    I would try your local gunsmith first they always have that kind of stuff in back. Good luck wheel guns are a blast!
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If that doesn't work you did to hit one of the shows close to you. You can usually find everything at those.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    I agree the shows are usually an excellent source> Be sure to expre4ss your needs to an exhibitor..(sp)
  • smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Joel H.:
    I would try your local gunsmith first they always have that kind of stuff in back. Good luck wheel guns are a blast!
    Haha I get it. Its a pun...
  • Midway USA is your friend. I have a Ruger Gp100 that came with a red dot that I put iron sights on. I used the Millet brand wihte outline. That pistol is a real tack driver. Not to mention so heavy you can beat the crap out of somebody with it when the cylinder runs dry! Unfortunatley it looks like Millet has discontinued these, but you can find plenty of other options at www.midwayusa.com
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Thanks fellas...was curious when local shop or online was route to go. Think I'll check with local shop or gun show.
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Luko:
    I need some advice...I recently picked up a Ruger 357 with a red-dot scope mounted. I'd like to get iron sights and the original ain't with it. Any recommendations of where to pick those up?
    My first call would be to Ruger. There's at least a decent chance they'll just hook you up, and if not they'll be able to get you the right parts with minimum hassle.

I have 6 Rugers of various kinds. I've only had to contact them once for support/service, but they were very helpful.
  • BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    I second the advice to call Ruger. I have a Ruger and have had very good success with their customer service. They should be able to help you get what you need.
  • BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    If nothing else, maybe this will help. It's devoted to Ruger products...very knowledgeable people here.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    If the preceding doesn't find them, try e-gunparts.com
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Thanks fellas...