Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Official 2016 Gang War -- North vs. South

matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
It sounds as though we have a bit of interest in doing the Gang War again. We are a little late this year and without our fearless leader of Gang War of previous so in his honor we are going to keep the tradition alive.  We are going to go a little different route and go with a North vs. South setup as mentioned in the previous Gang War post. If you think you have the stones to run with the big dogs, saddle up, and let's get it on!!! The RULES: You must express your interest in participating and state which side you are playing for. If you live somewhere in the middle of the country, you can choose which side you prefer, however I may ask someone(s) to move to make sure the sides are even. You should be an established trader on this forum. This isn't for the inexperienced. You must be able to ship to another member with only a couple days notice. If you have a busy summer planned, perhaps consider sitting out and just watching. Timing IS important. If there is a week you are not available, please tell us. The PROCESS: at a date in the near future TBD, one member from each team (TBD) will send a bomb to an opposing team member. No one will know the targets until they get hit. Tracking will not be posted unless there is an issue. Bombs should land by Wednesday or Thursday. The victims will have until the following Monday to lick their wounds and plot their revenge. On the following Monday, the previous victims will become the victimizers and will send out their respective bombs to targets on the opposing team that have not been hit yet. Wash, rinse, repeat. The GUIDELINES: Your bomb should consist of a very nice selection of cigars. The expectation is 12 higher-end cigars. Obviously, you can send more, but this is all that anyone should expect to receive. If you choose to send more, don't be offended if the next person doesn't match your bomb. This isn't a contest.  For those of you that are thinking of entering and have not been around for a gang war I ask that you check out previous gang wars and scroll through the thread to see what you are up against.  You will have a very short time to research and plan your attack on your target.  I am not trying to scare anyone away, just want you to be prepared.  When posting your entry, please indicate side you are playing for and we will adjust accordingly.  Then message me your addy and if you will be unavailable at any particular times in the next coming months.  Depending on interest will dictate how this will actually go down

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

Tagged:

Comments

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For easy reference - last years thread http://forum.cigar.com/discussion/888362/official-2015-gang-war-east-v-west/p1

Also I am in playing for the winning Yankees!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the map I am pretty much dead center. I will play for whichever side needs an extra.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/IUjLE_N1Cuc

Id like to be in.   I will be out on a cruise starting this Sunday May 29th and will be back the next Sunday June 5th.

Ill represent MS and the South!
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In for the North.   I expect a repeat of the last time General Sherman came through the south
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see what you did there ^^^

• AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looked at the link that @Usaf06 posted and it looks pretty SCARY.
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Albinfk said:
    Yeah. You got to put ur big boy panties on to play, but it's fun. Wish I could play but work won't allow  :/
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Albinfk said:
    I looked a while ago. Definitely not for noobs. These guys seem to save up the serious ammo for this! Great to watch!! Maybe next time.
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might not win, but your gonna know you were in a scrap.   

I will sign up for this madness 
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The North will continue their superior domination!! IN

• skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I'm you're huckleberry...  Got's enough ammo to leave a mark....

North for the win!
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
    I like it!

• jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm tbd
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gang war is way out of my league. 

always have fun watching from the sidelines though.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:

There's always the option of playing by sending your trash and wishing for what you really want.  Just throwing it out there 
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to but part of my summer just went south for a while.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu said:
    jgibv said:

There's always the option of playing by sending your trash and wishing for what you really want.  Just throwing it out there 
    I like this idea. 

Put me down as, Maybe
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Hhhhmmmmm dog rockets for good stuff?!?! I'm in!
    Money can't buy taste
    Yes sir!!!

• Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure I can swing it :( I'm out of town for 2 weeks in June and 2 in July, so I'm worried coordinating will be a pain. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the baby coming in a month I'm not sure how finances will be so ill have to watch from the sidelines this year. 
     :'(  but completely understand!

• EssPee2uEssPee2u Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    Yankee here
    Keep it Smokey
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gotta say, as cool as this is, I'm just not in this league yet. 
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whole lotta north. May have to align things differently if more south don't join in. They are still smarting from that little scuffle called the Civil war.  :D
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skydiverD said:
    Whole lotta north. May have to align things differently if more south don't join in. They are still smarting from that little scuffle called the Civil war.  :D
    You mean the war of Northern Aggression! 
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the only history you know about the civil war was learned in public schools. You have been filled with a whole lot of misinformation.
    Non Crux sed lux
    There is only one way to settle this then!!!!  the CCOM way.

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the 2014 war Colleen told me I am never allowed to participate again.  Sorry folks I have to sit out another year.  Maybe she'll forget by next year.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.