Home General Discussion
Options

HOOKED

Just started smoking cigars last month, and smoked a good amount in that time.  Anyone got some advice on brands, how to spark it up, and other forums.

Comments

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    mohawkri:

Just started smoking cigars last month, and smoked a good amount in that time.  Anyone got some advice on brands, how to spark it up, and other forums.

Welcome mohawk, Well, what have you tried so far that you've liked ? There will be many suggestions out there as each person has his own favorites. Mine are Rocky Patel, Fuentes, and anything Camacho.. To name a few
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    mohawkri:

brands? thats all personal taste. for now, try everything you can get your hands on.

how to light a cigar?
    just search the forum here in the 101 section. or ask in the 101 section. start by telling us how YOU do it. others will chime in. we all love cigars here. we all love to talk about them.

other forums?
    what other forums?
    no others needed.

the people here are some of the best. yea there are other forums that myself and others post on but none of them (IMHO) are as good as this one
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    I agree with the other BOTL here...try some of the variety samplers to try and determine what your tastes are...mild-medium-full bodied or what flavors spark your palate...don't get in too deep until you find something you truly like> Keep reading the forums especially the reviews and get a flavor for what other brothers have been experiencing. Lots or information abounds here just read up, light up, sit back and enjoy. And by the way, you can also call one of the cigar consultants at cigar.com and speak with them to get you going> The consultants are a great bunch of guys as are the brothers here on the forum> WELCOME TO THE BROTHERHOOD!!!
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Well I can't add anything that hasn't been said already, so just let me say welcome to the forum. I have been here a few months shy of 2 years and this place is a wealth of knowledge and, with very few exceptions, a bunch of good people. Those exceptions are always just flashes in the pan though so if the rare one does come around they leave quickly after. The more you participate the more you'll get out of it.

My advice for cigars is to try some samplers and seewhat is common about the sticks that you like such as Nicaraguan v. Dominican, cameroon wrapper v. maduro, etc. Once you do that, post in the forums and see what other people suggest that might be similar. Also, raise your post count, do a trade or 2 to get a good trader reputation and the start participating in the games. The brothers here are generous and more than likely you will end up with some sticks that you wouldn't have tried otherwise and among them you will invariably find some new favorites.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Smoke em all! You will know what you like after that. But beware, you don't know the power of the darkside!
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best thing I could say is try as many as you can.
  • Options
    Welcome to the brotherhood my friend! Prepare for your wallet to get a good bit lighter, spend time with your girlfriend a bit less, and have a helluva lot more fun than you did before! I won't try and elaborate on what these other guys said; they are the best of the best! Just listen to them and you'll be better off for it I promise!