Home Pipes

Help me find .... thread

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
Starting this thread so we can all help each other out. It's funny how in one part of the country a certain cigar or tobacco can sell out instantly while in another part boxes or tins sit on the shelf. 

Pretty simple concept. Post what tobacco you are looking for and the rest of us will check our local B&M's whenever we drop in to see if we can find it for you. Of course maybe the fine folks here at Ccom will have it and can chime in as well. It would be helpful if you could post if you are willing to buy or trade for it. 

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll start it off. Looking for the following. 
    McClelland Holiday Spirit any year
    Peterson Holiday (Christmas) any year
    Peterson Special Reserve 2015/16/17
    Rattray's Christmas any year
    Rattray's Summer Edition any year
    Kolhasse & Kopp Christmas any year

Willing to purchase
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great Idea, Jake

I'll have to look again, but I'm pretty sure I saw a couple tins of the Holiday Spirit on the shelf at a B&M the other day.

A couple that I am  watching for;

McClelland Christmas Cheer, any year

Motzek Strang, would prefer the rope but at this point the curly would be great. 

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Damn good idea, @jsnake
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can help with the Christmas Cheer, @onestrangeone. PM your address, please.
    @onestrangeone believe my local just got in their Christmas Cheer. I'll check on my way home if you need more. I'll also check the dates and see if any are older. 

Great Idea, Jake

I'll have to look again, but I'm pretty sure I saw a couple tins of the Holiday Spirit on the shelf at a B&M the other day.

Check next time you stop in and if you an snag one or two. I can Ppal you cash or maybe find something you are looking for. 
    jsnake said:

Great Idea, Jake

Check next time you stop in and if you an snag one or two. I can Ppal you cash or maybe find something you are looking for. 
    Will do.
    I found some 2015 Christmas Cheer. Not sure on price but there is 2015 and 2016 at my local for now. The other locals are all sold out. 
    jsnake said:
    I found some 2015 Christmas Cheer. Not sure on price but there is 2015 and 2016 at my local for now. The other locals are all sold out. 

That's awesome brother, pm sent.
    Fellas, anyone see the Merde de Cheval on the shelf at your local shop? 
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    TY Sir!

Just curious, have you done business w/ them before? 
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. They are ethical and responsible.
    Cornell and Diehl Gokden Days of Yore
    edited September 2016
    The 2017 McC Holiday Sprit is in stock. 67 tins available. SP
    That Christmas Cheer is jacked up to $30. Checking to see if I can find more at msrp
    jsnake said:
    That Christmas Cheer is jacked up to $30. Checking to see if I can find more at msrp
    No worries Jake, I still have a couple of tins of the 15 left, also just got an order of the 16, 17 in
    Can you all check your locals
    next time you stop in for Ben Wade/Preben Holm style pipe stems. Many shops don't carry replacement stems anymore but many still have new old stock.  Example below 

Please check your locals or antique or swap shops for any of these pipes - Preben Holm Hallmark, Private Collection, Hand Model 400, or Ben Wade Unicorn Fawn. Thanks!
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jsnake said:
    Please check your locals or antique or swap shops for any of these pipes - Preben Holm Hallmark, Private Collection, Hand Model 400, or Ben Wade Unicorn Fawn. Thanks!

I've actually started calling local antique shops to see if they have any pipes. After four calls I kind of gave up. It was pretty surprising that no one had any in stock. I had one lady ask me why I would want to buy a used pipe. I'll keep my eyes out. 
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have some in the antique stores in San Jose.  Safety and straight razors too.  I stick with thrift stores which don't carry these items, but also don't price things out of my budget.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's true. The difference between a thrift store item and an antique is about $50. 
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2018 WO Larsen, anyone seen it stateside yet?
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble said:
    2018 WO Larsen, anyone seen it stateside yet?
    Spoke with Shane from S.P., should arrive in a week or so.
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
    Fellas, been dealing with a family issue a few of you know about so I've been kind of out of it for a week. Seems like during that time the McClelland panic set in and I missed it all. I can't find any locally and not what I want online. I was hoping you could all check your locals for me. I was wanting to find two small tins or one large tin of Frog Morton's Cellar and that's it. I found and ordered the rest of the series last night online. The locals here which is home to McClellands is wiped out already. Seems I was too late to the party. I just wanted to snag one of each so I could at least try them all since this is the end for McClelland. I'll gladly pay and give you something for your time. Thanks guys.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jsnake said:
    Fellas, been dealing with a family issue a few of you know about so I've been kind of out of it for a week. Seems like during that time the McClelland panic set in and I missed it all. I can't find any locally and not what I want online. I was hoping you could all check your locals for me. I was wanting to find two small tins or one large tin of Frog Morton's Cellar and that's it. I found and ordered the rest of the series last night online. The locals here which is home to McClellands is wiped out already. Seems I was too late to the party. I just wanted to snag one of each so I could at least try them all since this is the end for McClelland. I'll gladly pay and give you something for your time. Thanks guys.

I'm pretty sure smokingpipes had the small tins yesterday.  I've also been waiting for McClelland to restock.  I started a thread about that some time back, then they seemed to be back on track, and when I got ready to buy, everything was gone again!  Well, everything I wanted.  

So, what's up with that?  Anyone know?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    SP is out. That's where I got there others. I just want the Cellar. 

The announcement was made at the Kansas City Pipe Club. They are closing the doors. They are retirement age and they can't get the quality tobacco they need. They've already sold off most equipment and they are not selling any blends or licensing. McClelland is finished. Sadly they made my favorite stuff and I'm not a fan of C&D's mold and I can't stand most bulk. 

You saw more because they were packaging what they have left and sending it out. I think they said that is all done now. 

I just want to find FM Cellar to add to my cellar. I just bought one of each of the others though I could get more. 
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crap!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain