Home General Discussion

New Automatic self-cleaning bullet cigar punch

Check out  this really cool bullet cigar punch made from a real 308 cartridge and bullet...just push the bullet into the cigar end and its done...never have to clean it out or worry about losing the top...go to centerfirecreations.com
Tagged:

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't see much more info on the site than in your post.  How does it work, what's the self cleaning part of it?  I just can't quite picture it.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    some cigar smokers dont like anything to do with guns, why do you peddle your bs here. of course some do so do you have some specifics about your contraption, can I load this unit in a gun and shoot a nice clean punch hole in my seegar or how does it work.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • centerfirecreationscenterfirecreations Posts: 11
    edited September 2016

I do realize a lot of people don't care about guns but a lot do and it is a really cool punch and it makes an awesome gift for those that do. The punch is very simple to operate, simply push the bullet into the cigar end and the bullet retracts up into the case while you cut the whole and when you have made your cut it retracts back out keeping the plug out of the cutter. Its completely automatic cleaning. With no parts to remove to use. It is patented and nothing else out there like it. I am still in the development stages of my website and will be getting a slide show on how it works soon. Maybe even have a link to a video.Thanks for the feed back.I do appreciate any comments that help.

Thanks for the explanation, I don't care much about guns but it does look like an interesting punch cutter.  What size hole does it punch?

• LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016

Pretty neat idea! I would love to see it in action some day. are you planning on doing anything with smaller/larger calibers for smaller/bigger ring gauges?

welcome to the Cigar.com psych ward btw. ;)

Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be interested in seeing one in .223/ 5.56mm

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
    jbohon said:
    I'd be interested in seeing one in .223/ 5.56mm

no no no no..... 50CAL!!!!! ;)
    Split the difference? .416 Barrett? 

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
    jbohon said:
    Split the difference? .416 Barrett? 

Sold.
    edited September 2016

Looking at the site... the current model he has does a pretty good size cut.

One question @Centerfirecreations (ok i read the site... lol and yes i answered my original question on if the casing edge was sharpened.) how long before you would foresee the cutter needing to be re-sharpened?

Post edited by LiquidChaos66 on
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe even have a link to a video.Thanks for the feed back.I do appreciate any comments that help.

Some of probably won't even be interested until we actually see it working.
    I mean, showing the cut, It's easy to show a clean cut from a punch on a cigar, but it's a different thing to show the punch that actually does it.

I'm not a big punch fan, so it would take a lot to convince me to purchase a gimmick cutter,
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Ok...I have added a little slide show on how the bullet cigar punch works....the diameter of the punch hole is .312 or 5/16" which is a nice all around size hole for most cigars....I will be adding other calibers soon also, so any input on that would be great...I realize this punch is brass and will dull eventually...I have used mine for over a year and I am a pretty regular smoker and it still cuts fine...I will be introducing a cheap sharpener soon that will be very easy to use...nice thing about the brass it is very easy to re-sharpen. Hope this helps and answers any questions
    Ok...I have added a little slide show on how the bullet cigar punch works....the diameter of the punch hole is .312 or 5/16" which is a nice all around size hole for most cigars....I will be adding other calibers soon also, so any input on that would be great...I realize this punch is brass and will dull eventually...I have used mine for over a year and I am a pretty regular smoker and it still cuts fine...I will be introducing a cheap sharpener soon that will be very easy to use...nice thing about the brass it is very easy to re-sharpen. Hope this helps and answers any questions

Awesome! thanks for the info! Might look into one for xmas. :)
  • EmceeEmcee Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    I kinda like the thought of this, at least in theory.  I like to punch my cigars, anyway, and this would give you a little pinpoint to know you're getting it centered.  Seems like a cool gift for a couple of my friends possibly.
    The slideshow does help clarify things, it does look pretty cool.

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭

Looking at the site... the current model he has does a pretty good size cut.

One question @Centerfirecreations (ok i read the site... lol and yes i answered my original question on if the casing edge was sharpened.) how long before you would foresee the cutter needing to be re-sharpened?

If it's brass in know time! I like the look and theme but can't get behind it! Soft metal and also has been out as a pot holding tool! Honestly if I was a cop saw that hanging you'd spend the night in jail till you were proven it wasn't what it usually is. At least the bullet looks like a hornady but that's about it. Let's see it in action and ps most punches are self cleaned no stainless steel
    Money can't buy taste
  • CigarPunkCigarPunk Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    Hope this works out for you. I am not a big gun guy so 30 is more then I would ever spend for the punch. good luck
  • I don't get where it could possibly be used for a "pot holding tool" and I don't think any cop would assume it was let alone arrest me for it. There are no other cigar punches that will clean themselves automatically like mine, they all have to have some way of pushing out the plug. Especially any that are real bullets like mine. As far as soft metal their is an advantage because with a simple tool that I will be introducing soon for a cheap price, you can sharpen it with just a couple twist and its sharp again. I have thought about putting in a sleeve made from high end steel to keep it sharp but it would take away from the look of a real centerfire cartridge. Its not only functional and different but really cool looking...When you hold it in your hand and show people they will have no clue what it is or what it does until you actually show how it works. It really does amaze them. Every single person I have sold one to absolutely loved it.

I for one like the concept and the item itself. I agree about the pot holding thing.... I don't know how you would get pot in there anyway. but I can also see the possibility of initial confusion. people that have those little canisters on their key chains for 'meds'. I doubt any legal issues would come of it or arrests or whatnot. any office worth his salt would ya know.... look inside before assuming things.

Here is a question.... how many times do you think you can sharpen the punch before wearing the shell down?(if that makes sense) I doubt it would be an issue for quite some time of use and sharpening. but just a thought. :) I wouldn't even entertain the idea of putting a steel sleeve on it! Let it look legit!

A quick Google image search on bullet stash container reveals that it's a real thing, lots of key-ring and necklace bullets show up with secret stash containers inside so I think Lee might know what he's talking about here. 

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People have used cartridge cases to make everything from jewelry to pens to key chains and all the way  to hands on a clock, so I think you are safe from being arrested. If someone is not a gun enthusiast they can not look at it and move on to something else.  I wish you luck with your endeavor, may even look into getting a few as they are kind of neat and would make good gifts to fellow cigar smokers.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • WoodguardenWoodguarden Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    Meh, you can just use anything pointy. Don't really see the need to carry around a bullet. Nice packaging though.
  • This cigar punch cannot be taken apart. The bullet is permanently attached inside the casing and can only slide inward. so it is impossible to put anything in it. Cigar punches make the best hole for smoking a cigar because the hole is just the right size for drawing enough smoke and keeps the tobacco from getting in your mouth. I have one on my keychain and get a lot of people checking it out...just be careful if you go through any kind of check points with it. Not that they can do anything but you may have to explain what it is like I did once going into a court house...The officer picked it up and after seeing what it was said. " oh wow! that's really cool"...lol!

ok, I'll bite.  I've used sharpened rifle cases in the past and I actually liked them.  My only gripe was trying to get the cut out of the case after I was done. I'm looking forward to giving this a try. 

While I think it's cool and I like the design, the price has me hesitating.
    When it's priced in the ballpark of the Xikar, it makes it hard to justify purchasing one, when I can get a Xikar that is proven.

The slide show on the site is impressive, but again, I would like to see a video of it actually being used or a review from someone. 

If it were a 30-40 Kraig shell, I might have to bite on it. LOL!

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah agree on the pricing. Xikar proven lifetime warranty is tough to beat.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Yeah but Xikar doesn't have an Automatic self-cleaning bullet cigar punch made from a real bullet and if they did it would probably cost more...I have worked very hard on designing it and making sure it was made well with top quality materials that come from USA companies. I even have documentation from every single vendor verifying that their product that I am using are 100% American made. The Punch is a one of a kind and it will impress anyone you show it to. Cause every single person I have shown it to have been truly amazed. I will back up my products from any problems you may have with it.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No doubt your punch works well, and you'll stand behind it.  But the bottom line remains that if someone doesn't care that it's made from a bullet, it has zero appeal.

The percentage of smokers that use a punch is small; the percentage of those who want their punch made from a bullet is even smaller.  So your niche market is minuscule.

I hope you do well with it.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    I will be introducing a cheap sharpener soon that will be very easy to use
    I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just that way.
    But, you are presenting your product to us, You want us to basically "invest" in your product, by purchasing it.
    Then you state that it will dull and you will be introducing a "cheap" sharpener, that we would also have to purchase.

So, presented with your "sales pitch", I'm afraid I'm not convinced that your product is worth the cost.

Yeah but Xikar doesn't have an Automatic self-cleaning bullet cigar punch made from a real bullet and if they did it would probably cost more...

Yes, and they would have a lifetime warranty and if the product went dull, I would send it in to them to have it sharpened.
    I pay for quality and a warranty. If I am going to pay for a gimmick, then it has to be a gimmick that is either one of a few things.
    Fun, scary or the cool aspect has to be off the charts.

If the price point was a little more in line, I'd be a little interested.
    But as was said, I'm past the punch phase of cigars and moved on to cutters.

As for every person being amazed, I don't buy that.
    Intrigued maybe. Amazed, hardly.

Again, if I come off as a total ****, sorry. 
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: