Home Cigar 101

New humidor (Newair CC-300)

arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
Well I got my new humidor today it is the Newair CC-300 it cost me $330.00 plus tax. It came double boxed. cleaned up.I used Distilled Water and paper towels to clean it up.There was no bad smell in it.And then I took out the junk analog hygrometer and cut a piece of Spanish cedar too fit in the hole. Then I put the skull and cross bones to cover it up some and to make it more personalized.

Comments

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Arch
    A little dirt never hurt
  • arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    as far as seasoning it I have 3 small dishes in it with distilled water.(one near the top,one on the middle self and one in the bottom drawer. I plan on letting it sit there for one to two weeks . Please tell me if this good or if I should do something else
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I don't think there is much to season there Archie, oh hell, you do have some wood drwers and shelving, carry on
    Post edited by dirtdude on
    A little dirt never hurt
    edited November 2016
    The 4 shelves are wood and the 2 drawers
  • GoCardsGoCards Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    Great looking setup.  Congrats!
    edited November 2016
    Thanks @GoCards just got to get some sticks (cigars)
  • jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outstanding @arch72! Congrats on the new cooler! Let it season up for a couple weeks and she'll be good to go.  

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice @arch72 and great deal! Keep us updated on how you like it, how well it holds humidity, etc. It's on my Christmas list this year :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

edited November 2016
    Thanks guys will keep you up to date with it. It has been on for almost 4 hours now and my house temp is 80 to 81 and the new humi is at 67 deg already
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Arch!
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations. Looks like you made a good choice.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool and nice work, congrats!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet! I like your customization. If I get one I'll be shopping for a chrome mudflap gal to stick on the front of my drawer. Uh, well, maybe.
    Yeah I had to get rid of that junk analog thing lol
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Good luck with it. Keep us posted on it's performance.
    Can you tell me what the dimensions of one of the shelves is? 

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
    Ok here are the shelf full measurements 14 1/2 Wide x 11 1/2 Deep
                               shelf usable measurements 14 Wide x 11 1/8 Deep
    The Drawers outside measurements 13 5/8 Wide x 12 5/8 Deep
    The Drawers inside  measurements 13 1/8 wide x 12 1/8 Deep
    The Drawers Depth is 2 7/8
    By Deep I mean Front to back
    If you have any questions just ask.
    The only weird thing so far is the top shelf seems to be 2 to 3 deg higher in temp 
    And I have the unit down to a setting of 62 deg but it is at 65 deg

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lights or electronics at the top may be giving of heat. My winedor light throws off heat so I keep it off. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    Thanks @arch72, that's exactly what I wanted to know.  I was hoping I could transplant shelves out of my existing wineador into one of those, but it looks like I'll just have to have 2 of them instead.  :) 

Yeah I am thinking I will "NEED" a second one also lol But I don't have to get approval from a wife hehe Here are the Measurements for the whole unit are 
    Width 18 1/8
    Depth 20 3/4
    Height 28 1/8
    In the measurements I included the part on the back the holds the cooling thing you can see it in this picture if you want a better picture let me now

And they say to leave at lest 5 inches from the back of the unit to the wall for air flow
    And @Yakster I don't use the light it sucks big time lol
    here it is @danielzreyes
    UPDATE   The Newair is running good got the boveda packs in there on the 16 of this month and the RH is staying around 66% and 68%  and the temp are around 65 to 67 so all is good Now I just got to work on filling it lol
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like it is running well for you.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    edited November 2016
    Just in case anyone is thinking of getting one these they are on sale for 50% off they are going for $225.00 and free shipping here is the link

http://www.air-n-water.com/product/cc-300.htm
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a smokin' deal!
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    Yes it like $150.00 less than I paid :(
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharp! Love the skull 
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep Casper away from that skull, she already broke your skull ashtray.   :D
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )