Home General Discussion

Anyone else have OCD?

Jay6Jay6 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least you're smoking good sticks.  Aren't cigars supposed to be good for minimizing OCD?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • EmceeEmcee Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    I keep fairly good track of when I smoke a new cigar, but I use the Cigar Scanner app on my phone.  I never know where I'll be when I light one up, and that's the easiest way for me to remember what I smoked.

However, wow, that is impressive.  I'd never be able to maintain a book like that.
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jay6 I use my phone to keep track of the cigars I smoke but after seeing your book I might have to get one. Very nice!
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the layout of that book. At you willing to share where you got it and what book it is? 

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    Here is a good one that looks like his 

Personal Cigar Journal:
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bert873 said:
    OCD, no....but ADD...I smoked a good cigar once, but I need to hang up the Christmas lights, oooo squirrel 
    Agreed. I don't have a long enough attention span to be OCD.
    I can stand at my humidor with the door open and when I originally have a certain cigar in mind, another will catch my eye, then another and oh, didn't remember I had that one and then I've totally forgotten which one I originally wanted.

I tried making a book with bands and notes and all that and it ended up being just a book collage of bands just loosely stuffed in it.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    arch72 said:
    Here is a good one that looks like his 

Personal Cigar Journal:

Looks pretty similar. Thanks @arch72!

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    No Problem @jbohon Long time no talk lol
  • Jay6Jay6 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jbohon said:
    I like the layout of that book. At you willing to share where you got it and what book it is? 
    Found it on amazon I will pm you a link 

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    surprising cigar etailers like ccom aren't stocking something like this.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any sufferer of OCD knows NOT to buy them in a box.
    You buy 5ers.....NOT in a box.

Geez, newbs. lol
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I thought as a nube, I was doing something different

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 said:
    And I thought as a nube, I was doing something different

Thats a pretty clever idea too. I wonder why I never thought of that? 

• KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Cigar OCD?
    yes, I have it, and excel is my friend.
    I don't have a huge stash (still under 1,000 cigars....barely).......... but I know exactly where every single one of them is, when I got it, what I paid, my thoughts on it, etc.

i know I'm in the minority on this, but I don't open a humi or cooler to decide on what I want to smoke...........I glance at a spreadsheet.

hmmm.........that Master Blends 3 Toro from June, 2014 sounds good, and I just go to the appropriate storage device, and look in the particular section within said device, and voila................time for a cigar!

Cigar OCD?
    yep...
  • Jay6Jay6 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is awesome.........a spread sheet you say........hmm
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cigar OCD?
    yes, I have it, and excel is my friend.
    I don't have a huge stash (still under 1,000 cigars....barely).......... but I know exactly where every single one of them is, when I got it, what I paid, my thoughts on it, etc.

i know I'm in the minority on this, but I don't open a humi or cooler to decide on what I want to smoke...........I glance at a spreadsheet.

hmmm.........that Master Blends 3 Toro from June, 2014 sounds good, and I just go to the appropriate storage device, and look in the particular section within said device, and voila................time for a cigar!

Cigar OCD?
    yep...
    HORST!!  You old rascal, you. How ya doin', buddy?  It's great to see that you're still looking down at the grass instead of up at the roots. How's everything in beautiful downtown Brookings??
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Doin good Marty. Finally bought a trailer, and Jenn and I have been up and down the Oregon coast. Late Spring we're headed up to Washington/Canada. My truck took a minor shyte (rear differential) and hope to have that sorted out this week.
    My best to Barb.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM to ya, Bro
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    True OCD humans know it should be abbreviated CDO, for reasons they logically understand...just sayin'...
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    La Duena.  Yumm.

No, not really OCD, just organized and neat.  Much neater than I was when I did this regularly.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    I use the notes section on my iPhone. Takes just a few minutes right after I finish the stick. Helps down the road when I need to remember certain blends
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

I was wondering today if always keeping the tabs in my browser in the same order is OCD or not. Does anyone else do this? I tried something like the OP with a little book but didn't keep up with it.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great necro! I keep a book but only of new to me cigars. But the tab order is probably OCD Chris. I do something similar though in that I have certain programs only on specific screens (laptop with a monitor on either side)

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do have a bit of OCD. It’s been better shockingly thru COVID. I obsess over minute details or flaws. Once the humidity rises in the home again I’m pulling out all the cigars that have been sent to me and relabeling them all with the names and dates. Right now I have names on some and just dates on others. The ones that just have the date I have photos of and from who sent them. I get anxious thinking I’m going to forget who sent me a cigar for a “Smoked a good cigar from” photo. It’s not fun to deal with OCD and Anxiety.....