Home General Discussion

Anyone getting errors using ccom?

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2017 in General Discussion
I tried getting logged on and checking my wishlist and order info and all I get is this.

Error

We're sorry, an unexpected error occured while performing the requested action.

The good thing  is, it won't let me buy anything on Sprint Sale, cause it tells me I need to set up my preferences, even though I've done it a dozen times.

In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • SarahSSarahS Moderator Posts: 10 admin
    Sorry for the delayed response! We had maintenance last weekend, and your previously store credit cards were removed from the system but your wish list should be working. I just double checked my account and it's still there. 

For the Sprint Sale, you will have to create your preferences again - sorry about that! 

If you have any further questions, shoot me an email: sarahs@CIGARcom. 

Sarah Stern | IT QA Manager | CIGAR.com
    1911 Spillman Drive | Bethlehem, PA 18015
    PH 800-357-9800 | FAX 877-464-2872
    sstern@CIGAR.com

• HawkeyebiasHawkeyebias Posts: 6
    This site is screwed up beyond any recognition.  I ordered some cigars just before the system maintenance occurred.  When I called in and asked why I haven't received the shipping confirmation, I was told that there is something wrong with my Paypal account.  When contacted, Paypal told me that there is nothing wrong with my account.   Concerned about the site, I called in again and asked that the order to be canceled. So now, my ordered is canceled but my money is not refunded.  I used to like C.com and CI.com but might have to go somewhere else.  To save your frustration, DO NOT order anything through the website.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This site is screwed up beyond any recognition.  I ordered some cigars just before the system maintenance occurred.  When I called in and asked why I haven't received the shipping confirmation, I was told that there is something wrong with my Paypal account.  When contacted, Paypal told me that there is nothing wrong with my account.   Concerned about the site, I called in again and asked that the order to be canceled. So now, my ordered is canceled but my money is not refunded.  I used to like C.com and CI.com but might have to go somewhere else.  To save your frustration, DO NOT order anything through the website.
    Frustration?
    Have you called them back to try and get it squared away or did you just get pissed off and throw a rant out there?

I'm probably the worst at having patience when dealing with people, but at least give them a chance to get it corrected.

Besides, you didn't lose your money.
    If you used paypal, you can dispute it.

Take a deep breath, let it out. Now, suck it up and calmly work it out with them. **** happens. How you deal with it when it does, either makes you a man or it doesn't.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not just a CCOM issue it's a CI issue as well. Funny how both websites did their maintenance at the same time  and orders are screwed up with both. I have a large order from CI I placed the 13th and it still hasn't shipped yet. Seems both CCOM and CI are related somehow, both out of Bethlehem PA both having big problems at the same time...

I'll say one more thing is that I'm officially done with CI! Their zero customer service department and lie after lie when my order will ship is wrong.

Looks like I should have order some of my stuff from CCOM probably would have had it by now even with the maintenance delay. Seems they run their business a lot better than CI. And actually have a customer service department.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come down off your throne, princess!

One post, and two disagrees... pretty good ratio you got goin' there.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I wouldn't bet the farm that he'll show up again. Sounded like he was just looking for somewhere to show off the chip he's got on his shoulder....  
    Let's work on your reading skill before replying. Yes, I called, and called. Actually, before I posted, the phone wasn't even answered.  And Paypal still have my money. I am disappointed but the objective of my posting is to warn others from getting into the same position.  So for you guys who had been sucking C.Com Koolaid, the OP is not for you.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    TX98Z28 said:
    It's not just a CCOM issue it's a CI issue as well. Funny how both websites did their maintenance at the same time  and orders are screwed up with both. I have a large order from CI I placed the 13th and it still hasn't shipped yet. Seems both CCOM and CI are related somehow, both out of Bethlehem PA both having big problems at the same time...

I'll say one more thing is that I'm officially done with CI! Their zero customer service department and lie after lie when my order will ship is wrong.

Looks like I should have order some of my stuff from CCOM probably would have had it by now even with the maintenance delay. Seems they run their business a lot better than CI. And actually have a customer service department.

same with cigarbid. 

i believe they're separate entities but i'm 99% sure they share warehouse space.

and i would also imagine they share the same backend system for inventory-management/ordering.

at least that might explain why all 3 are having the same issues. 

but that's just all speculation

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

Not everybody here buys from Ccom, but since they're the forum's host you won't find many that will jump on your Ccom-bashing bandwagon. 

You already know that it was site maintenance that caused the snafu... just give it some time, and everything will work out.  Every one of us, at one point in time, have had customer service problems with an online vendor; it happens to everyone.  So what?

Trying to spare others the same PITA?  Or, just plain whining?  Sounds like the latter.
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ccom and CI occupy the same building separated by a fire wall. I actually called CI customer service by mistake instead of ccom and they handled the ccom problem right from the same computer.
  • HuffNPuffHuffNPuff Posts: 1
    I've been perfectly happy with Cigar.com. I wish they weren't having so many problems with their computers but I'm going to be patient as I feel like they've earned it.
    Albinfk said:
    Ccom and CI occupy the same building separated by a fire wall. I actually called CI customer service by mistake instead of ccom and they handled the ccom problem right from the same computer.
    Sounds like I need to call ccom then to get my CI order problems taken care of. That sure would be something if they fixed it all for CI and shipped it out tomorrow :)
    I'm officially done with CI though, it's one thing to be 10 days behind on the shipment, but it's another for them to lie to me 3 different times on the phone about it.   
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluesol93 said:
    Sorry for the delayed response! We had maintenance last weekend, and your previously store credit cards were removed from the system but your wish list should be working. I just double checked my account and it's still there. 

For the Sprint Sale, you will have to create your preferences again - sorry about that! 

If you have any further questions, shoot me an email: sarahs@CIGARcom. 
    Thank you Sara @bluesol93 for responding to a post on the forum so quickly! Hoping your team gets all of the bugs worked out soon :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

Thanks Sarah. Will contact you via your email.
    edited February 2017
    Thanks Sarah. Will contact you via your email.
    See now, was that so hard?
    My reading skills are just fine.
    I don't like kool aid either. Next you'll be calling us racist.
    I tried to word my response to you nicely, but you see, I'm just not that nice.

And by the way, if you contacted paypal, they should have told you that it can take up to 10 days to release the "pending" from your account, even after the vendor has reversed it, so you might be pissed at the wrong place, in this case.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just received an email from CI apologizing for the delay in my order I placed last night. They're trying.
    Albinfk said:
    I just received an email from CI apologizing for the delay in my order I placed last night. They're trying.
    I got that email 7 or 8 days ago. Along with the CISORRY coupon which takes $20 off a bundle of lawn mower smokes.LOL
    They refunded my money today unexpectedly and then gave me a $10 credit back to my card...WTF. Also 3 of the items I ordered are now B/O but the website has them all instock... my order still says processing and they assured me everything will ship by the end of this week.

I'll call them tomorrow to see what the new excuse is, after the 15min hold of course.

I'll let you know how everything goes and what they say tomorrow.

TX98Z28,

I got the same email yesterday and thanks for the info so that I don't get my hope up for any speedy solution.  95 bucks to CCom and 68 bucks to CI that got hung up with no cigars and there goes almost half of my cigar budget for February. I will try order by phone to see if it goes any better.

• havanaalhavanaal Posts: 155 ✭✭
    Worst online retail experience I'd had in the past 20 years.
    If they would have just warned me of potential software glitches I could have ordered from somebody else and come back to the site later. But they took my order, screwed it up, sent me nothing, then apologized. 
    And things were going fine before, so I don't know whose brilliant idea it was to scrap the old system.
  • bripperbripper Posts: 74 ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Poor customer service iis a bump in what has been stellar service for many years. Not to vent about cbid issues with my winning bids. The cigars will arrive this year I hope. Not like I am running low on smokes.
    Was unable to login to Cigars Intl. site this week. No reply to emails. After 3 tries, connected by telephone to tech services. They reset my password, so here I am.
    Cigar.com and CI need to send discount coupons for ANYTHING to all customers who have been patient wit their inept machines and dawdling remedies. We have too many options for cigars.
    All right here is the official update for the CI people waiting on orders. To get ahold of some one call them then press 1 then 2 then 1 then wait :D

Lady on the phone was very helpful, actually used yes Sir and no Sir thats a plus and asked for my number to personally call me back on Monday to let me know what the hell is going on with inventory and my order.

Ok CI is so backed up that they have actually over sold their in stock inventory due to the severe "maintenance problems", which means your orders are probably backordered right now as mine now is… Also don't pay with PayPal it's a large part of the problem will only make things slower. So she explained that inventory comes in all the time then they have to check that with the computer and orders etc. She said the shipping team isn't even there right now because stuff is so screwed up. So Monday we will see if my now backordered items came in and if she calls me back. But she assured me they will ship it Monday or Tuesday with or with out my backordered items which is a box and 2 five packs on backorder…

Hope this helps calm everyone, but expect a 2 week wait for your orders from CI to ship out.

I will update Monday when she calls me back.

CI appears to recover from the their system snafu because I received an email stating that my order was shipped.  I will have to check with CCom to see if they had issued an order cancelation to Paypal; otherwise the order status from PP will remain as "pending".

havanaal said:
    Worst online retail experience I'd had in the past 20 years.
    If they would have just warned me of potential software glitches I could have ordered from somebody else and come back to the site later. But they took my order, screwed it up, sent me nothing, then apologized. 
    And things were going fine before, so I don't know whose brilliant idea it was to scrap the old system.
    Dumbest Post of the Year winner right there.

How about you go try running a business sometime.

How do you warn someone of potential software glitches?  Do software glitches alert the business owner and say "tomorrow I'm shutting you down?'  You make the assumption that they knew or should have known your order would get screwed up when they took it.  Nice job of assigning motivation and intention; you must be a mind-reader.  Put yourself in the business owner's shoes for a minute, why don't you?
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atta boy, Peter. I agree wholeheartedly.....  B)
    Wow, internet tough guys.  I called in and talked to a customer service rep (last name is O'Leary) and was told that they know of the problem but the web site continues to accept orders. So your ASSumption is incorrect.
  • havanaalhavanaal Posts: 155 ✭✭
    I am a business owner. Two to be exact, both $1 million + in annual revenue.
    Dumbest post of year?
    When I make a major software conversion, I do it on Sunday.
    THEN I TEST IT.
    Granted, if you're in online sales there's no down time. However if you're upgrading your "warehouse management system" guess what? There could be problems, don't you think? WELL, THERE WERE PROBLEMS, which means someone didn't anticipate it. I am putting myself in their shoes, and if I let down my customer base to this extent I'd damn well make up for it. Yes, it's only stupid cigars, available all over town and all over the internet, so so what? That's the point--very competitive business, hard to win over a customer's trust that's he's getting the best value. Then when you fail it's not easily forgiven. I stand by comments. Yes, one certainly can anticipate glitches. I do it all the time. AND I PLAN BACKUP.
    edited February 2017
    havanaal said:
    I am a business owner. Two to be exact, both $1 million + in annual revenue.
    Dumbest post of year?
    When I make a major software conversion, I do it on Sunday.
    THEN I TEST IT.
    Granted, if you're in online sales there's no down time. However if you're upgrading your "warehouse management system" guess what? There could be problems, don't you think? WELL, THERE WERE PROBLEMS, which means someone didn't anticipate it. I am putting myself in their shoes, and if I let down my customer base to this extent I'd damn well make up for it. Yes, it's only stupid cigars, available all over town and all over the internet, so so what? That's the point--very competitive business, hard to win over a customer's trust that's he's getting the best value. Then when you fail it's not easily forgiven. I stand by comments. Yes, one certainly can anticipate glitches. I do it all the time. AND I PLAN BACKUP.
    Well, aren't you "special'?
    If you are indeed a business owner with $1 mil+ in revenue, then why you buying at a discount cigar online?
    Why not do business with a local vendor?

I can make up what ever crap I want too, but don't try to impress us with bull$hit.

I'll agree that they should have had contingency plans, but anyone who buys anything online KNOWS crap happens and more often than not.

It's so tiring listening to people puff themselves up to make them sound so important. It's pathetic. 

Yep, I'm an a$$hole.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: