Home Pipes

Restored pipes

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in Pipes
Thought we should have a thread to show off Estate pipes we have all fixed up. I know several guys here have done it and several guys are learning. I've done a bunch this past year and I'm still learning new tips and tricks. Adding to my growing pipe restoration kit. So here it rips. I just finished a bunch and a few guys have messaged and wanted me to post pics. As for my pics if you see something you like message me. Almost all are available and they are from entry level basket pipe prices to very expensive. I have a huge range and variety. Some of these newest ones I wasn't happy with the stems so I am currently touching up about 20 stems I just did. I have about 100 waiting to be worked on. 

Savinelli Collection 1986. Second release in the Collection Series. Beautiful pipe. 

Robert Vacher Pipe

1965 Dunhill Shell Briar. Immaculate and its a Dunhill.

Ben Wade Ovation. Love the stem on this one

This is a Jobey Florentine. The design of this was just hard to clean. So many grooves. The wood almost seems to be colored like a Meerschaum would be. It's an interesting pipe. 

Chacom Reserve Du Jubile 1825-1975 150 Years Pipe Chapuil Comoy

Ben Wade 200 Hand Model Preben Holm Era

Chacom Transat

Butz Choquin d'Argent

GBD Prehistoric 2070 H and I love this pipe. Has a gold ring around the bowl and the shank. Can't find any info on this exact pipe. 

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Butz Choquin Bistro

GBD Special A

Bari Special Handcut

The Tinderbox Unique

Prince of Wales. Either made by GBD or Savinelli. It is stamped Italy

Another Prince of Wales 

Savinelli Portofino

GBD Granitan

Tracy Mincer

Tim West 8 panel pipe
    No idea. Name is worn off. Bone stem. 

Savinelli Kalumet table pipe. Sold this one 

Savinelli Baronet Bruyere 315EX. Big pipe

GBD Champage. It's just a beautiful pipe and I've never seen one like it and can't find any info on these. So far this one is a keeper

Stanwell Buffalo 
  • arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice pipes @jsnake and great job on restoring them :)
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome stuff Mr. Snake, some gorgeous pipes in there and lots of love shown to fix them up. Thanks for sharing and keep the pics coming :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    I got this one from @jsnake here is the before and the after I did some work on it
     The before
    And after some work

@arch72 I am impressed. That looks great. I knew that pipe had some life left in it. 
    jsnake said:
    @arch72 I am impressed. That looks great. I knew that pipe had some life left in it. 
    Thank you brother it means a lot to me that you think that 
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killer thread Jake
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    jarubla said:
    Killer thread Jake
    Thanks. I'll have a lot more coming. You should see my line up for restoration. Hoping to see more of what you guys have done too. Hoping we can bounce ideas off each other too. 
    I have a bunch more lined up and more coming. So within a week I obtained three Dunhills. One is a Shell Briar bowl with no stem and it has rim damage. Going to see what I can do to restore it. Here are the two I have done. 1964 Shell Briar and a 1978 Root Briar. Finished this Root Briar tonight. Since I'm getting more into this I am picking up a bench polisher tomorrow. Been doing it all by hand which is killing my fingers and taking too much time. 

Doing that all by hand is a lot of work @jsnake a buffer would be great I plan on getting one too and a few other tools just got to get the P.A.S and the C.A.S under control lol
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    riogrande.com is a good source of polishing supplies.
    Finally got some more done. 

My two Preben Holm Private Collection hand made by the man himself. 

Unsmoked Bjarne 

Possibly a Ben Wade. Markings are worn away. Very nice looking sitter. 

A GBD Autumn Gold

A Viking Classic

Aldo Velani Ambrosia

Savinelli Mediterranea 

Savinelli Bing's Favorite

Aldo Velani 02 with Sterling Silver band

Aldo Velani Refosco

Aldo Velani Chianti

Peterson Shannon XL 02

Butz Choquin UFO

Jensen

Lane Limited Park Avenue

Chacom Christmas 1998

2 different Mario Grandi

Many of these are available. If interested message me. Don't ask about the Preben Holm Private Collection pipes unless you recently became filthy rich. Retail is insane and so is my asking price on those two. 
    There are a ton I haven't posted. Been busy. Here are today's I finished up. 

Just finished 43 more pipes. Here are a few pics 

I haven’t been keeping up with posting these. Here are a few recent ones. 

And here are some more finished tonight. 

And I finished a few more tonight. You pipe guys are slacking. I’m entertaining myself in here. 

Few more

And I finished three more 
    A huge Weber pipe
    Sasieni Fantail 58
    Peterson's Sherlock Holmes Strand 
    These pics came out dark. I haven’t been keeping up with posting but I think I’ve restored a little over 300 pipes this year. Have a small package arriving today and I’m hunting for more. 
    I keep forgetting to share so here are a few more I just did. Enjoy. Probably keeping all of these. Can't help myself. 
    For some reason I can't add pics here anymore .
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just enjoyed a bowl of Distinguished Gentleman

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^^^^^ carp, wrong thread
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Heads up if you guys are looking for new pipes. I have a 16lb box arriving tomorrow with about 80 pipes including 40 Savinelli Autographs.