Home Cigar 101

Daily cigar?

So Im wondering...wat would you all consider to be a good mild-medium daily cigar? Wat do you all smoke on a regular basis?

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    For me the Perdomo ESV '91 is a good mild-medium everyday type cigar. I smoke a lot of the seconds as they go for around $3 each and are as good as the banded, boxed ones.

Another good one is the Padilla Habano, again available as a second for a lower price.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    There are so many choices, it is mind boggling. Since you just joined the COTMC, you'll get a chance to smoke a lot of different cigars. Another thing you could do is call in your orders, ask for Jeff Jackson, and see if he can grab you some of the "Daily Deal" prices for a variety of different cigars - maybe a couple of each, rather than 5 at a time. If you don't have the money or the room for 200 cigars, it will be difficult to order 5 at a time on a regular basis and try out lots of different cigars. Just a thought.

Some of my favorite mild-medium smokes that you can get at ccom: Gran Habano 3 Siglos, 5 Vegas Gold or Series A, Tatuaje Havana VI (heh, my fav), Nica Libre, Nub Connecticut, Padron 2000, and so so many more.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    can we get a sticky? HA !

whats
    your
    Everyday / favorite
    smoke
    again
    and again
    and again

those are just threads from the past. i dont really mind the repeat topics because opinions can change on this topic.

mine did

my "everyday" smoke isnt everyday. i dont get that opportunity. i smoke what i like. most often it is a full bodied cigar, not mild or medium (though i do appreciate those as well. )
    and when i smoke, the price of the cigar is the farthest thing from my mind. like i said, i dont get to smoke often so i smoke what i like.

less often, more quality.

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    When your burning 4 a day it is easy to get variety. No need to be concerned about a single everyday stick
  • Wow! Thanks! I have been interested in those Nubs..so I might check those out.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Sol Cuban Cubano Cabinet

Edit: When I think of an everyday cigar, I think of a cigar that I buy more than just a 5-pack or special here and there. It is a cigar that will always be in my rotation. The Sol Cuban Cubano Cabinet is that cigar for me. I would also say the 5 Vegas Classic but I like the variety in that line. I have a few other regulars but I don't stock them like this stick. For the price (around $2 per) you can't beat it. Be careful with advice though, a stick that I like, you may not. I'd call the 800 number and explain to the guys what you have liked in the past and they will get a variety together for you.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    If you're new to the cigar scene, I wouldn't worry about an "everyday cigar".... Your time now should be spent trying as many different sticks as possible. It's gonna take a few years of sampling to find that "go-to" cigar. I like Casa Magnas. They're about $5 each if you buy a box. But there's still so many sticks I have yet to try. So, it all depends on your budget and your taste. Give yourself some time to figure out your likes and dislikes. Pretty soon, you'll just know what your "daily cigar" is.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    my "everyday" smoke isnt everyday. i dont get that opportunity. i smoke what i like. most often it is a full bodied cigar, not mild or medium (though i do appreciate those as well. )
    and when i smoke, the price of the cigar is the farthest thing from my mind. like i said, i dont get to smoke often so i smoke what i like.

less often, more quality.

I think I am probably in this category as well. When I have a cigar, I choose based on:

A.) Length of time I want/have to be outside
    B.) What time of day it is
    C.) What do I "feel" like, or what flavor am I looking for.

Price only enters the equation when I am buying sticks.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    What Russ said.

That aside, I find the mild-medium cigars I reach for most are the Perdomo ESV 91 and the Montecristo White.
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    I have quite a variety to choose from. For mild-medium that is fairly regular for me I'd choose what I had today. Rocky Patel Vintage 1990.

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    The only milder cigar I would smoke on a daily basis would be either an Oliva Connecticut reserve or a Gurkha Symphony. Those two always hit the spot when you are in the mood for a mellow but tasty conny.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I dont Smoke Every Day, but my most frequent is
    Nub Connie
    RP Connie
    Oliva Connie
    For a nice mild smoke. I would put them all in the more Mild than Mild/Med. Prolly thought they may have been more mild/med a year or so ago, but as my tastes have changed these have moved down the spectrum to mild.

• dsaylesdsayles Posts: 123
    camgfs:
    I have quite a variety to choose from. For mild-medium that is fairly regular for me I'd choose what I had today. Rocky Patel Vintage 1990.

This is also my goto daily cigar it goes good with all meals and drinks.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    definately 5 Vegas Classic Torpedo. I wish i could smoke a cigar everyday... *sigh*
  • bama3715bama3715 Posts: 89
    I agree with undulac. Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I smoke Puros Indios like it's the greatest thing on earth.

• gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    Try out some 1) Blue Label, 2) Gurkha Park Avenue, and 3) Gurkha Sherpa Cafe for something a little stronger.
  • 405bench405bench Posts: 36
    I've been smoking at least 1/day for over 25 years and when the weather is nice 2 or 3 per day.   For a morning smoke I love the Acid 5's with strong black coffee.  Top grade cigar and the sweetness goes good with coofee in the early morning.  Partigas naturals are one of my daily types.  If I had the money, I'd smoke the high end Arturo Fuente's. Hemingway maduro's and Anejo are my favs.  Ashtons are another good choice especialy the aged maduros.  Past two years I've enjoed smoking a lot of different full bodies, like the MOW I'm smoking right now.  I also find certain times when a Acid 3, kuba-kuba and acid one's are very enjoyable.  Lots of people talk down the Acid line but I find the aformentioned to be top quality cigars.   I remember the days were when I loved the H Upman lonsdals were outstanding and cost me $42/25 box and AF 8-5-8's were $36/box.  There are so many good cigars now that I find it hard to pin down any certain cigars.  Were are in cigar heaven, If one has the money!