Home General Discussion

MOW badge acheived

fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
I took this day to acheive my MOW Badge. The consumption of all 3 blends in a single day. Here is the proof of the training.
The weapons
The Virtue: This was only my 2nd Virtue and it was much better than the first. It was packed very well and not loose like the first one. Burn and draw were excellent. This one had a nice complex flavor change throughout as well and was a solid medium body for the entire smoke.
Original blend: Excellent as always, excellent burn and flavor
Ruination: Wow, this is just an excellent stick. The 2nd half of this stick just blew me away with flavor. The burn and draw were perfect.
Mission accomplished!

Comments

• Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    damn you did better than me... i forgot to take pics!!! Congrats man and welcome to the ultra exclusive club (me and you)!!
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Great pics man! And congrats...but you forgot one - the Special Edition!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Hays:
    Not required for the badge! LOL That would be part of survival training!
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Nicely done boys...I have my 3 resting for the perfect day!
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    Hays:
    Not required for the badge! LOL That would be part of survival training!
    Haha my buddy (JoeyJoe) and I are stocking up to complete a MoW WARRIOR Day with all four...it's gonna be messy!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    What's the blend difference between the Special Edition and the regular MOW?

EDIT* Nevermind. I see. Ruination wrapper.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    docbp87:

Habano wrapper
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    I've got all 4 resting for that day. Was thinking tomorrow, but it's supposed to pour all day. It WILL be done soon though.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Diamondog:
    docbp87:

Habano wrapper
    With that what's the order of march? Virture, reg, SE, Ruination? or does it matter? Just wanna be able to taste the diff when I go for mine.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    What about the full-size salomon?
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I'm working on the Virtue right now. I've got the the other two on tap for later today.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    congrats. looked like a great smoking day for you!

The special edition is just a different size right as the original MoW?
    Matt Marvel:
    I'm working on the Virtue right now. I've got the the other two on tap for later today.
    My 2nd Virtue was so much better than the first I have to wonder if the first one came off early as they figured out how to produce it correctly. The 2nd one was a much more complex flavor, was rolled perfectly (not loose) and had more body than the first one.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    zeebra:

No, it's a different blend. It's the original MOW filler, with the Ruination wrapper. However, i though that was the only difference in the first place?
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    fla-gypsy:
    Matt Marvel:
    My 2nd Virtue was so much better than the first I have to wonder if the first one came off early as they figured out how to produce it correctly. The 2nd one was a much more complex flavor, was rolled perfectly (not loose) and had more body than the first one.
    I've been having a similar experience - my first MOW sampler was all loose in the draw; but my second is turning out to have a normal draw
    The one I smoked was wonderful. No issues whatsoever.
    I threw this together, so it's a little crude.

• Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    cholmes8310:
    zeebra:

No, it's a different blend. It's the original MOW filler, with the Ruination wrapper. However, i though that was the only difference in the first place?
    The MOW and Ruination are a different blend, the ruination has more ligero and includes tobacco from Honduras. They are also both Ecuadorian Habano wrapper, but they are different. Different priming maybe? Either way, I am looking forward to the day when I have enough time to earn the badge :^)
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Duder2:
    cholmes8310:
    zeebra:

The MOW and Ruination are a different blend, the ruination has more ligero and includes tobacco from Honduras. They are also both Ecuadorian Habano wrapper, but they are different. Different priming maybe? Either way, I am looking forward to the day when I have enough time to earn the badge :^)
    Thanks Duder. So if I read this right the MOW SE is the same blend as MOW but has the Ruination wrapper???? I'm just curious cause I wanna get my hands on a SE and do all 4 when I have the chance.....maybe next weekend.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    wish I had all 4 of the sticks but alas I only have the ruination, I think? would be so fun to do this!
    Sandman1am:
    Duder2:
    cholmes8310:
    zeebra:

Thanks Duder. So if I read this right the MOW SE is the same blend as MOW but has the Ruination wrapper???? I'm just curious cause I wanna get my hands on a SE and do all 4 when I have the chance.....maybe next weekend.
    This is correct according to everything I've read about the MOW SE. MOW blend with Ruination wrapper. The combo of that and the vitola seems to make magic according to most BOTL. I have yet to try that one, but soon I hope, need to get some first...
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I tried to get the badge a couple weeks ago and ended up with Badgeus Interruptus!

But I was rooting through my humi this weekend and realized I dont have a reg. MOW.
    What would the badge be if I smoked:
    MOW Virture
    MOW SE
    MOW Ruination
    ??

Also if you thow in a diesel is that considered a refuellers badge?
    Fourtotheflush:
    I tried to get the badge a couple weeks ago and ended up with Badgeus Interruptus!

But I was rooting through my humi this weekend and realized I dont have a reg. MOW.
    MOW Virture
    MOW SE
    MOW Ruination
    ??

What does everyone think? The SE is the same filler as the original. Does this qualify for meritorious service?
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    fla-gypsy:
    Fourtotheflush:

MOW Virture
    MOW SE
    MOW Ruination
    ??

What does everyone think? The SE is the same filler as the original. Does this qualify for meritorious service?
    definatel because it is a hybrid inbetween the MoW and Ruination. and the size of this beast definately deserves recognition!!
    Alex Williams:
    fla-gypsy:
    Fourtotheflush:

MOW Virture
    MOW SE
    MOW Ruination
    ??

definitely because it is a hybrid in between the MoW and Ruination. and the size of this beast definately deserves recognition!!
    Agreed, it would definitely qualify in my book!
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    OK!! Ive gotta get me a virtue so I can go for this. Im thinking memorial day would be perfect for this.
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    NYHCx516x:
    OK!! Ive gotta get me a virtue so I can go for this. Im thinking memorial day would be perfect for this.

Oh, you're on to something there. We shall see...I think we should see if Alex can get AJ to sign a little parchment for the BOTLs to display!

• NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    ljl:
    NYHCx516x:

Oh, you're on to something there. We shall see...I think we should see if Alex can get AJ to sign a little parchment for the BOTLs to display!

gotta find a DD to jump on now... dont wanna order just ONE virtue... lol.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I've got it! Due to the Spartan theme of the MoW line, I feel the badge should also have a Spartan theme. When you graduated the "agoge" (military training for Spartan men) some were selected for Krypteia! It was a rite of passage - you were sent out with a knife and very little food and were supposed to go out and kill a "helot" (the Spartan slaves, essentially). From the wikipedia:

"At the age of eighteen, Spartan boys became reserve members of the Spartan army. On leaving the Agoge they would be sorted into groups, whereupon some were sent into the countryside with only a knife and forced to survive on their skills and cunning. This was called the Krypteia, and the immediate object of it was to seek out and kill any helots as part of the larger program of terrorizing and intimidating the helot population."

The greek word "crypto" means hidden, so there are some who talk about this as a sort of "secret police" as well. Anyway, Kryteia is badass! Or making it through the "Agoge" would also work, as that was the initial Spartan military training.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Wow, those pics look great. I wish I had the time to smoke 3 cigars in a day, but it's crazy busy in my house right now getting ready for the new baby. congrats on the new badge, wear with pride! lol

"Long ashes my friends."