Home General Discussion
Options

How Many Humis Do YOU own..

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
Well I recently bought a large 300 count (about 120) and I have a 65 count (which I need to replace) and am needing at least another large count humi maybe even another one after that and I'm wondering if it would be worth it to get a large cabinet humi? I saw one for about 900 or so that holds 1500, it has several shelves that can be angled and such but I'm wondering if they are sturdy enough to move since I'm going to be moving into a new house come end of next year? Those of you who have multiple humis, do you wish you would have got a large wall humi? I figure it would be nice since it would be able to hold boxes with ease not to mention all that room.

Comments

• Options
    tankbonniestankbonnies Posts: 191
    I own 2. A 100ct and a 50ct. I was thinking about getting a bigger one. HOw about a wine fridge? I see a lot of people doing that.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Phobs, Go for a wine fridge. THe Vinotemps can be had for fairly cheap and will hold a large amount of cigars and you'll never have to worry about temps either.
  • Options
    I have a 50 count humi and a wine fridge. My wine fridge is an old compressor style SO I have a coolerdor inside of the fridge.
  • Options
    I thought about that but can you just throw boxes in there? I would think you'd have to keep that humidity in range. I know the temps would be nice though.
  • Options
    Stupid question...With the wine fridge....I'm assuming you keep it plugged in, but what temp do you leave it at? Also, is it as simple as just taking a rack or two out and putting your cigars in there with a thing of beeds?
  • Options
    Yes mine is plugged in and set at 65 degrees. If you get a Vinotemp you can just get a bunch of beads or a Cigar Oasis or both and just stick them right in there. Also I know of a guy that makes Spanish Cedar replacement shelves for the Vinotemp.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I own 7.

One small JR special. I believe it's a 30 count. Could be a 50 though
    One really small Monticristo that holds small robusto size. I use it for nubs. Can probably fit a max of 15 because the humidifier hangs low and hits whatever is under it.
    One Jar. Holds between 20 and 30.
    Don Carlos 30th Anniversary. Holds 30 in the trays and then you can fit a few more under the top tray and a few ontop of the botton tray.
    Fuente Humidor. It's the one painted yellowish with a picture of Don Carlos and Carlito. Fits between 100 - 150.
    Another 100 Ct. Tuscany Humidor.
    Evanston Dome Humidor 250ct
  • Options
    thanks maduro....now I just have to talk the wife into replacing her wine fridge with my cigars...The set up sounds easy though...thx
  • Options
    madurofan:
    Yes mine is plugged in and set at 65 degrees. If you get a Vinotemp you can just get a bunch of beads or a Cigar Oasis or both and just stick them right in there. Also I know of a guy that makes Spanish Cedar replacement shelves for the Vinotemp.
    Really? Just throw in beads or an oasis? And putting boxes in there won't harm the cigars?
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    2 for now-a 50 cnt. and a 100 cnt
  • Options
    sanesane Posts: 151
    I have a 20 ct. and a ugly 100+ ct. that I built.
  • Options
    I started off (like so many of us here) with a humidor that ended up being too small.  My first humi is a 150 count.  I then added in two additional desktops to the mix ( 2 - 50 cts) to help me store my increasing stock of cigars.  Once all three of those were overflowing I added in a couple of tupperware tubs.  I realized this was just gettting crazy so I broke down and purchased a cabinet humidor (1500 count).  I cannot be happier.  Currently, I have around 200 singles in the top lid compartment and approximately 20 boxes stored in the bottom cabinet.  I got an Oasis and some beads and love knowing that my collection is safe and with room to grow.  My three previous desktops are now sitting all alone with nothing in them.  I will have to change that  :)
  • Options
    Wow, nice. Have you noticed any temp issues with it during the summer?
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I've got a 120, a 300, and a 120-qt. coolerdor. I'd like to get one of those big table-cabinets one of these days, but it's not a high priority.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I have a 50 and a 100. I'd LOVE to go bigger but just not in the budget at the moment. Plus when i deploy on the carrier, both stash nicely in my locker. Nothing like and indian ocean sunset with a cigar!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    I have a 50 and a 100. I'd LOVE to go bigger but just not in the budget at the moment. Plus when i deploy on the carrier, both stash nicely in my locker. Nothing like and indian ocean sunset with a cigar!
    That mist be awesome. Take a pic sometime!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    including travel humidors?

one of those travel deals holds 15 sticks.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    including travel humidors?

one of those travel deals holds 15 sticks.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about those. Then I have 9 instead of 7. One is really small. Only holds around 4 and the other is the Don Carlos travel humidor.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    One 5-stick herf-a-dor, here.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    400 ct. Footlocker
    (2) 75 ct. Humis
    50 ct. Humi
    10 ct. travel-dor
    =
    5 total- total capacity = ~600 sticks

not much room left.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    Jetmech_63:
    That mist be awesome. Take a pic sometime!

I have! lol, PM me your email!
  • Options
    I have too many as I posted on another thread but I am thinking about this one. The Indulgence is a big mother of a humidor that holds 500 cigars. This gorgeous end table humidor is a best-selling piece. One look and you’ll see why. The finish is a deep, rich burl that looks elegant and handsome. The two tempered beveled glass windows put your cigars in center spotlight while its SureSeal technology keeps cigars fresh and tasting delicious. This is the answer. - 500 cigar capacity - 2 tempered beveled glass display panels - Fully lined with premium kiln dried Spanish cedar - 2 lift-out Spanish cedar trays - 6 Spanish cedar dividers - 3 large rectangle humidifiers - 1 hygrometer - Spanish cedar-lined accessory drawer - Gold plated lock & key and low-profile handles - Hidden quadrant and piano hinges Exterior Dimensions: 14.5"L x 23.5"W x 34"H Interior Dimensions: 12.75"L x 20.5"W x 9.5"H All this talk of a coolerdor makes me wonder if that isn't the way to go. Any recommendations?
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Started with a 20 CT.
    Added another 20 CT
    Added a 50 CT
    Broke down and bought a vinotemp and love it.
  • Options
    bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    I currently own the indulgence...and am enjoying it. Its a good looking piece. But it's not quite big enough for me!

My humis:
    Indulgence 500 capacity
    Diablo (i think) 250 capacity
    5 vegas 100 capacity
    Cooler filled to the top with boxes.

Wow, I've really got to do something about all these cigars!
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    bass8844:
    I currently own the indulgence...and am enjoying it. Its a good looking piece. But it's not quite big enough for me!

My humis:
    Indulgence 500 capacity
    5 vegas 100 capacity

need some help?
  • Options
    bbc020:
    bass8844:

My humis:
    Indulgence 500 capacity
    5 vegas 100 capacity

need some help?
    haha, yeah I'm down with helping a BOTL out!
  • Options
    bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    Too bad not too many guys are out here on the west coast...west coast herf?
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    That would be kinda cool. I know there are at least a few of us out in the west.
  • Options
    most live in cali.
  • Options
    bass8844:
    Too bad not too many guys are out here on the west coast...west coast herf?

I'm in fresno, so thats 3 of us....i smell something fun a'brewin :)