Home Cigar 101

Humidification

So i got a 100ct humidor. It is a glasstop unit. After i got my humi i got one of the xikar humidification devices one of the clear puck lookin ones. Now because its a glass top i dont really want to put in on the glass cause i think it would look tacky but a lot of humis that i see all have there humidification devices on the inside of the lid. So as long as its in there does it really matter where it is rather it be on the bottom or on the top upside down?

Comments

• PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    putting it anywhere is fine, as long as you dont cover/bury it with sticks. It's gotta be able to breathe.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Humidified air is lighter than unhumidified air, so it always rises up. The reason you seen humidifiers on the top is just because it's convenient; you can actually put it anywhere you want (in larger humidors, above 300 count, it's always on the bottom)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    Humidified air is lighter than unhumidified air, so it always rises up. The reason you seen humidifiers on the top is just because it's convenient; you can actually put it anywhere you want (in larger humidors, above 300 count, it's always on the bottom)
    yup. in my larger humidor there are two small containers of beads. i only charge the ones on the bottom. the ones on top soak up all the extra humidity. works out well.