Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

RP Valedor

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
Anyone have one of these yet?? I tried one for the first time yesterday and thought it was pretty good. I had the toro and it was a very slow burner, about a 2hr smoke. Very spicy and black pepper notes on this one.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• Options
    I have not seen this yet. Sounds like i must find it some where though. I do enjoy the Spicy and Black Pepper flavors.
  • Options
    yeah, if u like those notes then u should like that cigar. RP came out with it to help support the NRA, even has it on the label, lol. I think ill get a few more of these, they weren't bad at all.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Sounds like a tasty treat....i found shop that has these is (Robusto, Toro and the torp). I might get a 5er.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    yeah, if u like those notes then u should like that cigar. RP came out with it to help support the NRA, even has it on the label, lol. I think ill get a few more of these, they weren't bad at all.
    Too cool! Now I've got to try one.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Wow, I'll buy RP now solely based on principle!
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    JCizzle:
    Krieg:
    Wow, I'll buy RP now solely based on principle!
    Yeah, when I saw that, RP went up a few notches in my mind. Thought that was pretty damn cool.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Krieg:
    Anyone have one of these yet?? I tried one for the first time yesterday and thought it was pretty good. I had the toro and it was a very slow burner, about a 2hr smoke. Very spicy and black pepper notes on this one.

Love the black pepper notes ... sounds like something I would enjoy , have to check the local shops soon .
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Haven't seen this one anywhere but sounds like something I would like.
  • Options
    Saw these at my local B&M today when I went and splurged. Didn't pick one up because I couldn't remember what this thread said about them as far as flavor/strength notes.
    I'll pick one up next time I'm in there, though I don't know if I've ever had a cigar with black pepper and spice notes.. but I love all things Rocky Patel so far.

Something else interesting I noted; the main band has the NRA name and graphic and Rocky Patel's name is on the secondary band as "by Rocky Patel". The staff also told me they first got the Valedor in about 5 months ago so it's pretty darn new on the market which is probably why we haven't heard much about it yet.

Ninja Edit! Here's a short youtube video of Rocky Patel talking about the Valedor at a convention!