Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Los Imperialistas Toro** CCom please carry these**

Los Imperialistas Toro

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Preflight: Pepin triple cap perfectly round and cuts flawlessly. A sweetness on the lips with a cedar draw.

First third: I did not experiance the Pepin pepper blast instead replaced by a cedary sweetness. A medium bodied smoke. It leaves a very light touch on the platte with a floral note in the nose. Almost a perfume woodsy smell.

Second third: Floral note continues with a honey essence. A chocolate and leather combination. I can almost smell the chocolate like opening a Hersey bar. I  am impressed how this blend suits my taste.

Final third: Syrupy in the nose the flavor does not change much from the second third but why would You want it to. The burn was flawless and the cigar never got hot or even warm.

Final thoughts:  you should retrohale 100% of this cigar for the taste. You don't want to miss each nuance. Please CCom carry these they are excellent

Comments

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Interesting. Curious where you found this, as they are a few years old, not a new line, but I have pretty much never heard anything about them.
  • Options
    BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    Intersting indeed, I did not know anything about them just feel in love with them. I was in Tampa when I picked this one up, I remember the owner telling me I bet you havent smoked one of these. Then they are old Pepin sticks? It was an awesome smoke so I looked it up and couldnt find anyone carrying these so I though maybe they were new, but come to find out now, thanks to you, they are 2-3 years old, wow. I dont know how much age had to do with it but this cigar was amazing.
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    There is some information out there on the Pepin sticks...below is quoted from http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/2011/05/don-pepin-garcia-los-imperialistas.html "Los Imperialistas Cigars is the brainchild of Jesse Wills of Atlanta, Georgia. Los Imperialista cigars have been made by Jose Pepin Garcia since early 2003, way before Pepin became the darling of the cigar world after the introduction of Pete Johnson's Tatuaje cigars. Originally, Los Imperialista was made in Pepin's Miami factory, but are now made alongside San Cristobal, 601, Tatuaje Red Label and others in Pepin's Nicaragua factory. Los Imperialistas are made in Pepin’s factory in Esteli, Nicaragua, and are available in the standard sizes of robusto, toro, torpedo and churchill. But the most interesting thing about the cigar is the inspiration for the name. The name Los Imperialistas (The Imperialists) was inspired by a comically infamous billboard in Havana, Cuba, which depicts a Cuban soldier taunting a sweating, growling and cowering Uncle Sam across the water, saying “Mr. Imperialists. We have absolutely no fear of you!” Wrapper: Cuban-seed Nicaraguan Binder: Nicaraguan Filler: Nicaraguan Vitolas: Churchill Torpedo Robusto Toro -there are a few other hits if you wish more information
  • Options
    BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    Thanks, yes,I did read that blog post. I am having quite the time trying to find these. They may no longer be in production. Lucky the shop owner is a nice guy and has a few boxes. I'm try to convince him to ship. Might have to wait till I'm back down there. Appreciate the info.