Origin: Danli Honduras & Esteli, Nicaragua
Wrapper: Nicaragua
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Size Name: Diplomatico
Length: 7
Ring Gauge: 50
Strength: Med – Full
Trying to get this thing started while my fiance is face chatting with friends on my Ipad.

Lets get started.

Cut with Xikar, toast with Colibri, Paired with a Cuban espresso.

The stick is a light milk chocolate color with a box press that has a perfect cap placed on it. The construction of the cigar is flawless. The only problem I find on this cigar is that the wrapper is too thin and that the wrapper is not oily enough to be able to resist cracks. I cracked the cigar while I was cutting.

Prelight draw was a nutty and sweet maybe honey notes. No spice in it at all.

1/3 First few puffs was a damn treat! I got hints of coffee, cedar, vegi, and a little cocoa. This cigar produced a Full Thick Creamy smoke that never ended.

2/3 The tastes that kept on changing on my palate was more of a cocoa, roasted nut, black pepper with just a little sweetness that was more of sugar cane.

3/3 Final inch of the cigar is a confusing end. I normally get a strong finish on most of my cigars but this one is just the opposite. I got a ton of roasted nuts, cedar, coffee and cinimmon. The best part of this smoke was the smoke. Thick to the end and was full of flavor.

I want more!!!

Comments

• Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Fantastic smoke. I love these. Nice write up brother! I gotta agree on almost all counts from what I can remember of these.
  • Options
    drpepperdudedrpepperdude Posts: 298
    Nice. I like the 1964 as well and it's obvious many people feel the same way as a lot of sticks seem to be trying to compete specifically with this stick. Another stick to try if you haven't already is the Rocky Patel Olde World Reserve. Has a lot of the same character. I like both of them... the Padron is for a real treat (b-day, Independence Day, my Dad's b-day, etc).

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Nice review of a KILLER stick. How much age was on the one you reviewed?
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    This one was suppose to have about 2 years but I can't confirm because it was a trade.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    You and those damn aged sticks. Nice review. I have five months on my CAO's, AF Anejo #77 and my Zino Embassy Selections. I'm not touching them any more.
  • Options
    Rick wait till you try the sticks I sent you. 2 years is a rest. Age starts past 3 in my opinion.
  • Options
    babsdpubabsdpu Posts: 143
    Thanks for the review. I'm holding onto one of these for my birthday smoke in a few months. Got me even more excited to have it!
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Good thing with Padrons is they are good to go out of box!
  • Options
    I'm waiting to try the sticks you sent me Steve. I want to do a back to back review on them.