Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Man O' War

Yesterday i smoke two different mow i smoked the ruination and loved it, it was the second one i smoked the first one was alright i smoked it right after i got them about 7 months ago but this one was amazing!!!! i want to get more. I also smoked the original and thought it was alright nothing like the ruination. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Ruination is my fav cigar! They get better with age but I love them rott as well. I love all the sizes, I'd have to say my favorite is the 6x60, I know a lot of people say it loses some power but honestly that's just the one I enjoy the most.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love 'em both, classic win/win scenario.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    They are all excellent imo. You better hit the weekend blitz if you want more.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i actually like the original line better. but thats just me
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    I am a big fan of the puro authentico, armada and ruination. Can't have enough of them.
  • Options
    MonteWhiteMonteWhite Posts: 200
    I have both the Ruination and the regular line resting in my humidor now. I can't wait to fire one up!
  • Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Loved both the MOW and the Ruination. Then a while back I smoked a MOW Saloman and it was just meh. But I have never had that experience with the Ruination.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Can't go wrong with anything Man 'O War... In my opinion. Except the Soloman... wasn't impressed with them.
  • Options
    VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    kuzi16:
    i actually like the original line better. but thats just me

You know, me too. I almost think AJ was trying a little too hard with the ruination. Its like that little bottle of crown royal black they were including with regular bottles of crown royal not too long ago. Yeah it packed more punch, probably had more depth, but..it had nothing on the original. Probably a lousy analogy but i digress.
  • Options
    MonteWhiteMonteWhite Posts: 200
    I'm a little past the halfway point on my first Man O' War and I have to say that I am LOVIN' it! I love how the flavor of cocoa powder lingers on my tongue. This is definitely a new favorite of mine. Now I can't wait to try the Ruination and Virtue!
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    The original MOW x2 corona is so good it hurts. Ruiny in the smaller robusto or torp are amazing as well. Never had the 60 but never enjoy those massive rgs.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I go back and forth on which one I like more. I've got both with plenty of age, some with a year, and others with three, and it just depends on my mood whether I'm going to like one over the other.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I don't like one more then the others. I just enjoy them all and smoke whichever one I feel like smoking at the time. This is one of the most solid lines out there IMO.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    The Man O' War line is supreme across the board. They take up some serious real estate in my humis.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I had one of the MOW coronas thanks to sightunseen... I'm kinda afraid to try the other sizes.
    I'm hoping the other sizes are just as good.

• Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I purchased a box of Man O War original coronas 6 months ago on a whim without trying any first. I busted my 1st one out 2 weeks ago and it was delicious. Great leathery flavors with nice spices, glad I have 21 left to slowly age & indulge in. This cigar converted me into purchasing and stocking as many corona size cigars as I can.
  • Options
    I may have to try another Ruination based on y'all. I got it as part of the Oliva V sampler. The 'V' was simply outstanding. The Ruination didn't do much for me but maybe I didn't give it a chance to recover from the trip to my house. I found it spicy and lacking depth and thought it might just be hype. I have 4 more in my humidor I'll try in the coming weeks.