Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

House blend sampler

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just tried my first one the Brazilian label and I wasn't disappointed it really went well with a scotch. I think tomorrow I'll try the purple label only because I've never had a Connie yet.

Comments

• Options
    grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    The Brazilian was really good. By far my favorite of the house blends.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i agree it is the best. however, if you liked that one the purple may not be your cup of tea. if i am not mistaken, that is very mild.
    my second favorite house blend is the cameroon and then the cuban.
  • Options
    So far ll I've tried is med to full sticks and I do really enjoy them. I've just been curious to see what "creamy" taste like. Seems like that's the term always used to describe Connies.
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    The Brazilian and Purple labels are my favorite of the bunch. I guess I like both ends of the spectrum.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    granneja:
    The Brazilian was really good. By far my favorite of the house blends.
    +1 Just realized I only have 2 left in the humi. Gonna have to hit Kelly up for another box soon!
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Believe it or not I still Haven't tried all the House blends.
    I kinda got hung up on the Corojo And the Cuban Labels.

• Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:

I've only had the Brazillian, Cameroon, and the Sun Grown. I liked em all, but the Sun Grown is my favorite of the ones I've had.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:

I got ya beat, I havent had any...
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    stephen_hannibal:

I got ya beat, I havent had any...
    So, what are you waiting for ?
  • Options
    Sitting here trying out the purple label and I must say I'm really enjoying this one to. It's actually a nice change of pace from the stronger sticks I've been smoking. Probably a good morning smoke. Lots of flavor, highly recomend it to beginners.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I'm a Cuban Label junkie
  • Options
    danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    I love the brazilian label
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Sungrown is my number 5. Brazilian, Cuban and Red labels are all fantastic smokes as well. For the money the house blends can't be beat!
  • Options
    Just tried the Cameroon label. While it was a good tasting stick I had real wrapper issues. The head just about shattered when I cut it and by the time I got to the final third it was starting to come apart. Come to think of it the purple label I tried had some splits in it but it held together fine.
  • Options
    Finishing up on the sungrown and it has been yummy. Down to the nub and still puffing. And no wrapper problems. Great cigar. My favorite so far but they have all been good.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Let these house blends rest in your humid, or any stick for that matter. The house blends are medium filler, but its the wrappers that they are meant to showcase. If you cut a tip and it tears, its usually too dry. Might try a quick lick before cutting.
  • Options
    I figured that was the case. They seemed dry I've been tweaking my humi I now seem to got it hanging around 68%. I should have a new bead puck coming tomorrow then I can take the pillows out.
  • Options
    Tried the red label the other day. Pretty good smoke. I really like that they are only 5 inches long I seldom get the chance to smoke anything that takes over an hour in one sitting.