Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Padilla Artemis...?

Anyone tackle one of these? I did a search here but didn't find much for a review. Whats da scoop?

Comments

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    New release, new blend, been in the works for a while, and frankly every time this cigar comes up in discussion, all I can do it *** about the dumb decision made to change the artwork. The original artwork had a stag's head instead of a lion's, which made so much more sense for a cigar named after the (Greek name for Diana) Goddess Artemis, who held Deer sacred. That said, it is a box pressed, medium bodied cigar, made at Raices Cubanas, using Aganorsa tobacco. I'm not a huge fan of Padilla cigars (there are a few that are the bomb, but for the most part, there are a few too many bombs in the line, bombs, not THE bomb, and too many cheap contracted name cigars that kind of suck), but the Artemis is one I am looking forward to trying. I also highly recommend buying a 5er or 10er of Dominus, and hiding them in your humidor for a year or two, during which time they mellow out into a stick of pure, oily leather, and rich black pepper (not overly spicy after a year, but black pepper flavor in spades)
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    You have a PM Jr
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Replied kind sir!
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been wanting to try these since first reading of their release.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    dbeckom:
    I've been wanting to try these since first reading of their release.
    agreed... I haven't had any padilla's in a long time... i'm sure I'll break down and grab some of these when there is a deal going on...
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Is it weird that I have some kind of grudge against this stick? It's not reasonable by any means, but I can't help but feel that this is taking the Series '68's place (this stick coming out this year while the 68 has been discontinued as far as I understand it). It's like this stick is trying to replace a parent or something. ;) I'm sure I'll give it a shot, and who knows, perhaps it'll be a sound replacement.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    JudoChinX:
    Is it weird that I have some kind of grudge against this stick? It's not reasonable by any means, but I can't help but feel that this is taking the Series '68's place (this stick coming out this year while the 68 has been discontinued as far as I understand it). It's like this stick is trying to replace a parent or something. ;) I'm sure I'll give it a shot, and who knows, perhaps it'll be a sound replacement.
    Padilla actually has cancelled several sticks this year... but they are releasing several new ones in place of them.