Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Padilla Single Batch #17RC

Hey guys,

I just fired up this beauty this evening, it came in the recent "Expert's Pick Sampler" which basically consists of sticks costing $3 and below.

The entire stick was pretty well constructed, no soft or mushy spots. Wrapper was pretty dark and oily without any visible discoloration. I got a very pleasant sweetish natural tobacco aroma when I sniffed the wrapper and the foot. Pre-draw was sweet and had notes of fruits (somewhat like sniffing Pear Skin).

When I lighted this puppy up, I was pleasantly surprised with the full flavor on the palate, although the flavors didn't evolve much pass the 1/2 way and last third of the smoke which isn't a bad thing in my opinion because I'm really enjoying the base flavors of this stogie. Lots of wood, flora and honey. There was enough flavors to keep me interested throughout the smoke and had a nice long finish after each puff.

Although I generally prefer full bodied cigars and this puppy was medium at best throughout the smoke, I seriously feel that the #17RC is beyond a "nice cheap pleasant everyday smoke".

To sum it all up, it's constructed and tastes like a $5 - 8 stogie with a very wallet friendly price tag. At $30 for a mazo of 15 for the Toro size which I had. I'm definitely gonna buy more of these and sit on them for awhile.

Cheers guys. :)

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for the review, Ryner. I've been curious about these.
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Nice review. I, too, enjoy these quite a bit and just put in an order for another mazo.
  • Options
    rynerryner Posts: 14
    Thanks guys, I saw it appear on the sprintsale twice just now. Missed it though. :(

So far I have smoked through the entire sampler pack except the Mark Twain, didn't really enjoy the Fonseca Arana (could be the 6 x 60 format) and I rather liked the 1844 and the blue label (pretty decent). But personally I think the Padilla came up tops among the 4 that I have smoked thus far.

Cheers.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    ryner:
    Thanks guys, I saw it appear on the sprintsale twice just now. Missed it though. :(

So far I have smoked through the entire sampler pack except the Mark Twain, didn't really enjoy the Fonseca Arana (could be the 6 x 60 format) and I rather liked the 1844 and the blue label (pretty decent). But personally I think the Padilla came up tops among the 4 that I have smoked thus far.

Cheers.
    There will never be a time when my humi doesn't have at least a few Arana coronas! Can't speak for the 60rg, though. But for the $ you can't beat the corona!
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ryner:

Cheers.
    That Padilla Single Batch is a tasty cigar...especially with a lil age on it. If you like it now, you should grab a mazo off the sprint and give em a few months to a years rest...you'll be glad you did! As for the Mark Twain, they're a good, relaxing mild bodied smoke, best suited for times when you're doing something that requires your attention (golfing, fishing, herfing with your buds)

As with the Padilla Single Batch, if you like the Est 1844, grab a box and let em rest for a while...you'll thank me later when you pull one out to smoke. They haven't been out long enough to know what 6 months or a year will do for em, but after just 3+ months they're delicious.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb