Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Perdomo Fresco

gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
Had a Perdomo Fresco gifted to me...have never had one. Just wondering if anyone has tried these and your thoughts on them.

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Haven't had one Gene, but from what I've read it is a mild-medium bodied cigar, pleasant flavor but not particularly complex. I guess it is a value driven bundle cigar, let us know what you think of it.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    A guy I work with loves them. Haven't had one myself. He said the Churchills are better than the Robustos.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I've never heard of it. I wonder what it's relationship to the Fresh-Rolled is.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Smoked yesterday the Perdomo Fresco....pretty ok for a low end stick....experienced a wrapper flake off about the size of half a penny 2/3rds in , burn was good ,draw was good, had a decent flavor as well...a little nutty flavor,mild spice and earthy ...overall a good choice for a budget smoke...
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumped across a B&M the other day which I never suspected was there. This one kept their walk in wetter than an otter's pocket. One of the sticks I picked up was a Perdomo Fresco robusto. Let it condition a week (should have let it set for two), then lit it up yesterday.

fuzzy pic: image

The wrapper smelled like an Amih tobacco barn. The foot smelled like forest. The wrapper was tight and very thin. The band was glued to the wrapper and pulled off a dime sized piece when I removed it. There was no taste to the wrapper unlit. The cap was out of round, but other than that, the construction was good and firm throughout. It uncapped easily. It shed loads of shreds both unlit and throughout the burn. Drawing unlit, I tasted hay and smelled the Amish barn.

A little reluctant to light up, but straightened right out afterwards. Tremendous volume of smoke for a robusto. Creamy mild earth Connecticut flavor. Sweet aroma would make this a good indoor cigar. The retro, best I can describe it was like sawn fir. Built a solid white ash an inch long. It continued with this same sweet aroma, creamy mild earth CT flavor and fir retro throughout, strengthening as it went along. Had a perfect burn, setting patiently on the workbench while I puttered and yielding a big volume at the first hit each time; until halfway through, where it abruptly went out as quick as throwing a switch. When I relit, it had become harsh, and never did tone down the way it started.

I tossed the nub at an hour and a quarter. Had a pleasant enough stinkfinger, but a wretched morning mouth, and a tight wheeze.

I rate this two and a half stars.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    One of my local B&M's carry these...though not at otter pocket levels of dampness. I am no good at reviewing, but will say I grab these when I know I won't have time to pay attention to a cigar and 'study' the flavors, nice easy flavor that pairs well with bourbon. As web said, solid burn, don't need to baby it. I have never had bad wheeze or morning mouth from these though.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going back there to try the maduro version.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)