Home General Discussion

first smoke of the year

It's possible my opinion on this is skewed slightly by circumstance.  Living in upstate NY and not smoking in the house means that I am a fair weather cigar smoker.  Hard to relax with a good stick when it's 10 degrees out.  I actually didn't get my first assortment of smokes until just recently so it's possible that ANY cigar would have seemed great hehe.  However, I'll work with the assumption that my palate was telling me the truth.  My first smoke of the year was a Cigar.com house blend Brazilian Label Gordo.  They roped me in by offering free shipping with a box purchase.  Box of 20.......$54.95.  Less than $3 a stick.  Honestly I was mostly just hoping they would be adequate........a reasonable smoke for in between some of my other slightly pricier likes.  Much to my surprise I spent an hour and a half thoroughly enjoying that first cigar.....and I have NINETEEN more of them :-)  Definitely worth the price I paid for them and then some (not that I'm suggesting a price increase.)

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    djminsterman:
    It's possible my opinion on this is skewed slightly by circumstance.  Living in upstate NY and not smoking in the house means that I am a fair weather cigar smoker.  Hard to relax with a good stick when it's 10 degrees out.  I actually didn't get my first assortment of smokes until just recently so it's possible that ANY cigar would have seemed great hehe.  However, I'll work with the assumption that my palate was telling me the truth.  My first smoke of the year was a Cigar.com house blend Brazilian Label Gordo.  They roped me in by offering free shipping with a box purchase.  Box of 20.......$54.95.  Less than $3 a stick.  Honestly I was mostly just hoping they would be adequate........a reasonable smoke for in between some of my other slightly pricier likes.  Much to my surprise I spent an hour and a half thoroughly enjoying that first cigar.....and I have NINETEEN more of them :-)  Definitely worth the price I paid for them and then some (not that I'm suggesting a price increase.)
    easily the best cigar.com house blend. its blended by JA fernandez and it shows. its a great value for sure.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    im a big fan of the red label, and have a Brazilian sitting in the cooler, gotta try it out soon.