Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Cheap Stick Shootout Video Review

Today is a double-feature: the Thompson Empressario Natural Churchill & the Arturo Fuente Curlyhead. In short, these two smokes are a hit and miss combo. The Empressario is just a letdown dog rocket, while the Curlyhead *can* be an OK mild smoke, your experience however WILL vary stick to stick per the nature of the beast, being a scrap short filler cigar. More in the video!

Comments

• Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I kinda like the curly head. Not a bad budget stick. But for a buck extra i can get a Sol Cubano or a CCOM label.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I'm with Jet, the Curly Head is okay, but for the same price, or maybe a little more, I can get an El Mejor.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    kaelaria:
    The Empressario is just a letdown dog rocket, while the Curlyhead *can* be an OK mild smoke...
    I cant believe you said the "T" word.

were you expecting something better from it?

if you wanna go "cheap" but still smoke cigars that you arent ashamed to have in the humidor try the Flor de Oliva.
    another brand i used to smoke when i first started was Free Cuba. not bad for a buck a stick.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    kaelaria:
    The Empressario is just a letdown dog rocket, while the Curlyhead *can* be an OK mild smoke...

if you wanna go "cheap" but still smoke cigars that you arent ashamed to have in the humidor try the Flor de Oliva.
    another brand i used to smoke when i first started was Free Cuba. not bad for a buck a stick.
    aaaahhhh, the dreaded T word...not surprised you didn't like that stick...can't polish a ****.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    can't polish a ****.
    yes you can
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Krieg:
    can't polish a ****.
    yes you can
    wasn't there a south park episode on this...
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    kuzi16:
    Krieg:
    can't polish a ****.
    yes you can
    wasn't there a south park episode on this...
    Oh and yeah I liked that episode of mythbusters...
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Krieg:
    can't polish a ****.
    yes you can
    Knowing how Kuzi is...I am definitley not clicking on this...

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    ok, I couldn't resist...that was hilarious! I stand corrected....I guess I should have said you can't polish a Thompson...lol

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Ok, so is this even kosher throwing around the T word (even though it is the T word and not the full word) on this site.

In fact is it even Kosher that the link to the 'obsession' is listed here as his 1st posts of the day are for CCom competitors? (along w CCOM deals of the day of course).
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    Ok, so is this even kosher throwing around the T word

It's cool, we all think T sucks ass anyways :)
  • Options
    burchamsburchams Posts: 31
    kuzi16:
    kaelaria:

Yes, the Flor de Oliva is a good cigar for the money. And oddly enough, is the only one that my wife complains about aromatically. I don't notice anything about it personally but she does. Hmmm.