Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Tatuaje baby face... mini review #3

BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
Once again my main man Jiunn hooked me up with this cigar. Many thanks brother.

Prelight: Perfect construction. No other way to say it than perfect. And it is impressive to look at. Besides the Undercrown, this is the darkest SA maduro wrapper I've ever seen, and the connie "leatherface" looks great. The smell is fantastic with sweetness you can almost feel in your sinus and just a touch of pepper on the lick. The foot is loosely folded over, as it was on the lil mummy.

Light and initial taste: Caramel. Lots of it. If I didn't know better, I'd swear it was dipped in it. Has a bit of pepper, which is a nice touch on an overall very sweet profile. The spice settles down as you burn past the loose foot, and the caramel really takes over. Great start.

1st half: It's like a cocktail of sweetness with a bit of black pepper sprinkled over the finish just for the sake of balance. The caramel continues, along with a dark, dry chocolate, expresso, roasted coffee, and hay. I am blown away by how sweet this cigar is, but it is not in an artificial way at all. It's lovely, actually.

The smoke is remarkably creamy, and the burn is very good.

2nd half: As the burn progresses through the 1st third and then through the half way point the flavors really settled in. There are no MAJOR changes in the 2nd half, but the small subtleties are quite nice. The strength of the pepper dies way down, but the retrohale retains enough black pepper to balance out the sweetness. There is an oaky wood note that picks up and nicely marries the flavor profile that has been there the entire time; the expresso, caramel, dry dark chocolate, and roasted coffee. The black pepper is never really part of the taste profile... it's more like putting pepper on a steak... it enhances the experience more so than the flavor itself.

The burn requires one minor touch up, due mainly to my not being willing to wait for it to self-correct.

Final thoughts: This is a great cigar. The construction was awesome, the draw and burn were great, and the flavor profile was amazing. I don't typically go for super sweet med bodied cigars, but this one was just awesome. The caramely sweetness reminded me of an Oktoberfest, but without the horrid burn.

Bottom line: This cigar makes 3 home runs in a row for the mini monsters line. I went ahead and called in an order for a box this morning. I have NOTHING negative to say about any of the 3 I've tried so far, and trust me, I was looking for a fail. I don't think this blend needs any aging at all. If I had 20 of em... I'd smoke em all now.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Comments

• Options
    Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    I have now enjoyed the minni mummy and the baby face. T you have hit most of the points if I were to reveiw the stick. I will agree with you that both cigars were rolled perfectly. I felt thtat the baby face had a little more strength though the kind you feel in the gut. I couldnt place the sweetness but carmel def hit it. I love the baby face probally one of my favorite little cigars. I think the Don should roll more corona size smokes because these r some of the best rolled sticks I've smoked the baby face was so tight but pulled perfectly. Nice review spot on.
  • Options
    Gaetano7890:
    I have now enjoyed the minni mummy and the baby face. T you have hit most of the points if I were to reveiw the stick. I will agree with you that both cigars were rolled perfectly. I felt thtat the baby face had a little more strength though the kind you feel in the gut. I couldnt place the sweetness but carmel def hit it. I love the baby face probally one of my favorite little cigars. I think the Don should roll more corona size smokes because these r some of the best rolled sticks I've smoked the baby face was so tight but pulled perfectly. Nice review spot on.
    If they started making boxes of individual mini monsters, I'd have a box of these and a box of mummys on the way already. This size was perfect for this blend.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you happen to smoke it down to that lighter wrapper/label?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Another awesome review Toddifer. Now I am super excited to fire this guy up! I'll try it soon. Itll be a fun exercise to compare contrast notes with you.
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    Did you happen to smoke it down to that lighter wrapper/label?
    Yep. I toothpicked it. lol

You can taste the butter and almonds as soon as the connie wrapper starts to burn. It kinda made me wish it was further up the stick so I could've tasted it sooner.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Man,, seriously considering getting more now
  • Options
    jeep edsonjeep edson Posts: 826
    thanks for the review. very interesting