Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Sol Cubano Maduro

smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
I just kinda bought a sampler of these on a whim. Never heard any kinda discussion on them, and I was wondering if anyone has tried them and what they thought.

Comments

• Options
    JFJF Posts: 54
    Two of these came in my latest order, I've got one earmarked for my weekly this weekend...so I'll be able to give you a review then if no one else chimes in.
  • Options
    Much appreciated.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I've had a few. They are fairly mild (probably a medium body) with very nice wood(oak, cedar) hints. These are probably one of my top three sunday morning back deck with the newspaper cigars.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    I've had a few. They are fairly mild (probably a medium body) with very nice wood(oak, cedar) hints. These are probably one of my top three sunday morning back deck with the newspaper cigars.
    i should head over one sunday.

P.S. way to crack 5k on the post count.
  • Options
    Hey guys thanks a lot! Ya know I should by more cigars on just a whim... I usually buy what ever I read about here on the forums... but its kinda fun to not know what to expect.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    i should head over one sunday.

P.S. way to crack 5k on the post count.
    Come on over.

Man I missed that I hit 5k. I was going to have a 5k post contest. Damn.
  • Options
    Okay, had one last night, a Churchill - I pretty much concur with madurofan on every point. The are, however, some additional, very subtle flavors I have trouble quite putting my finger on that come in at about the halfway point. Also, a bit into the last third, a peanut-shell flavor starts to appear, and strengthens towards the end. Sort of like if you bite open the shell of a peanut rather than using your fingers - very much like that.
  • Options
    JF:
    Okay, had one last night, a Churchill - I pretty much concur with madurofan on every point. The are, however, some additional, very subtle flavors I have trouble quite putting my finger on that come in at about the halfway point. Also, a bit into the last third, a peanut-shell flavor starts to appear, and strengthens towards the end. Sort of like if you bite open the shell of a peanut rather than using your fingers - very much like that.
    But you didn't say if you liked it?
  • Options
    lol, it appears I did, in fact, leave it out. I thought it was really solid, generally. It was much milder than I was expecting, but good nonetheless. I haven't yet had a Sol Cubano I haven't liked - I only have the Serie B and the Artisan left to try (also the Sumatra, but I can't seem to find that anyware). As with all the Sol Cubano blends, I feel they're notible not so much for an unusual flavor profile or some unique quality, but for a lack of any appreciable faults. The one exception is the Connecticut - I noticed notes of cardamom, which I've only ever tasted elseware in the Edge Maduro.
  • Options
    Hey thanks for all the input. Im really stoked to try this one... maybe on the golf course with my little bro.
  • Options
    You know, I think this stick would take to infusion very well - some sort of dry spice aroma. Cardamom perhaps, or clove.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    Man I missed that I hit 5k. I was going to have a 5k post contest. Damn.
    Dang, seems like it wasn't that long ago that you broke 1k. I'm still 200 posts away from that mark.