Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Camacho PE

pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
Thoughts? I have enjoyed other Camacho sticks but have steered clear of the $25 pricetag, but for a deal I might be interested. I've looked through other reviews and have read mixed opinions.

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like them. Probably too much.
    Keep an eye on the sprint sale, they come up every once in a while in a 5 pack or bundled with a herfador.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    not worth the price tag, at $9 a stick...questionable. However, I LOVE THEM lol. At times you can find good deals, SS has the fiver with the case for $45
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are fabulous, if you've never had done..do it soon..
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    One of my favs, its smooth and great flavored. I have three in my humi at home resting.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    not worth the price tag, at $9 a stick...questionable. However, I LOVE THEM lol. At times you can find good deals, SS has the fiver with the case for $45
    At that price they are great cigars, well worth the coin. They are quite different than the other Camachos, too.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I actually favor the corojo ltd torps myself. I find they have a similar taste but with less tang then the pe's.
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Regardless of how much PE tobacco is actually in them, they're still a tasty smoke.
  • Options
    Thanks for the input. 10 a piece is what I'm looking at. I think I might save my money for now and try to trade for one at some point then look for a deal if they are to my liking.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    I think it is a great smoke.
    however, it is not my favorite thing put out by camacho.
  • Options
    *Petey**Petey* Posts: 375
    I'll agree with most of what folks have said here. As for whether something is worth it . . . well thats up to the individual so I won't comment on that. But this is a very unique cigar, and I really enjoyed the experience.

Couple of other thoughts though . . .

First, these are very different from pretty much everything else I've had from Camacho. These are much lighter and leaves a dry mouthfeel to em. So keep that in mind, when you try em so you aren't expencting something else and are let down.

Second, most folks are focussed on the PE tobacco in them, but I'd urge you to read up a little on the wrapper and pay attention to the first few puffs of the curly foot (just wrapper), becuase the wrapper is what truly sets this cigar apart. I forget the specifics on it, but I remember this being the real treat in the cigar.

Let us know what you think after you try some.
  • Options
    Boyd ain't lying, the wrapper is awesome.... I want to say 99 criollo but am not positive
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Boyd ain't lying, the wrapper is awesome.... I want to say 99 criollo but am not positive
    Yup. 99 Jamastran Corojo wrapper.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    This is one of my all time favourite cigar. I just ordered six deals of 30 sticks. The wrapper is Corojo 99 which is a hybreed seeds from El Corojo Cuban black seeds. This wrapper was discontinued in Cuba in 1990 for the blue mold disease. A tobacco farmer named as Diego Rodriquez developed the Crojo seeds from the orginial El Corojo black seeds.

Christian Eiroa of Camaco collected the hybreed Corojo 99 seeds from Daniel Rodriquez, the grandson of Diego Rodriquez. This seeds were smuggled in Honduras in 1997. Then it was distributed to Ecuador, DR and Ecuador. All these countries have modified the seeds with further genetic engineering.

experienced smokers who are familiar with Cuban cigar from 80's still misses the taste and aroma of the original El Corojo. it was more dense stronger in strength, flavors and aroma.
  • Options
    If anyone has a solid deal on them let me know, I've always dug them honestly, shoot me a PM. I just sit need a 5ct humidor from SS with it lol
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    pelirrojo:
    Thoughts? I have enjoyed other Camacho sticks but have steered clear of the $25 pricetag, but for a deal I might be interested. I've looked through other reviews and have read mixed opinions.
    this is one of my fav cigars ever. I just bought a box a few days ago so send me your address and I'll send you one.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    If anyone has a solid deal on them let me know, I've always dug them honestly, shoot me a PM. I just sit need a 5ct humidor from SS with it lol
    I'd do a box split if you are interested. Pm me for details
  • Options
    Goldy:
    catfishbluezz:
    I'd do a box split if you are interested. Pm me for details
    id be good for a fiver really, don't want to go to deep in non ISOM until my wineador is filled.
  • Options
    Pm sent
  • Options
    PM to you Goldy
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Great cigar. I think the blending that went into these truly shows the amazing work going on in places like Nicaragua, DR, etc. To be able to take pre embargo tobacco, yes I know it's a very small amount in the filler, and blend it the way they did was excellent. When you can get them in a deal they're totally worth it.
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Necro bump as I looked and this was one of the more recent threads on the PE. 

These PE sticks are gems. Currently part of the Cyber Monday still ongoing on Ccom. @10/stick, very worth it...
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    agree.  one of my all time fav cigars. 

you can usually find deals on them for $8-10/stick every couple months. 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *