Home General Discussion
Options

CCom Custom Sampler

Did you guys see that there are a lot more choices now? Also, did you see that the sampler is now 10 cigars for $59.95 instead of 12 for the same price?

Comments

• Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Love CCoom, but unless you really do your homework and like certain cigars which happen to be enpensive....this can ranger from a good deal, to acutally being a loss. Ive never been able to bite on this one.
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Because of the SCHIP tax, we had to either increase the price or decrease the number of cigars. When you buy two or more, you can still pick them up for $49.95 each. If you know what to look for this can be a great deal. Especially if you cherry pick out some of the Rocky, Gurkha and Graycliff stuff. Because of the price increase, we are trying our best to add more variety and selection. We plan on continuing to add more variety in the coming months.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, i actually bought that when it was 12 for $59, got some good smokes...but haven't decided to spend the same amount with fewer cigars.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I have gotten this a couple of times and want to again but I'm eyeing some GoF plus I am on a restriction still. I think the addition of the new cigars can potentially make up for the loss of the 2 cigars.
  • Options
    Alex Svenson:
    Because of the SCHIP tax, we had to either increase the price or decrease the number of cigars. When you buy two or more, you can still pick them up for $49.95 each. If you know what to look for this can be a great deal. Especially if you cherry pick out some of the Rocky, Gurkha and Graycliff stuff. Because of the price increase, we are trying our best to add more variety and selection. We plan on continuing to add more variety in the coming months.
    Thanks Alex. By no means did I think it was a ripoff or anything, I understand totally. And you are quite right, with the I-Press on there frequently, Matasa, Greycliff, Gurhka's, ect---it can certainly be quite a deal if you know what your looking for. Thanks for looking out for us on the board....its appreciated.
  • Options
    Alex Svenson:
    Thanks Alex. By no means did I think it was a ripoff or anything, I understand totally. And you are quite right, with the I-Press on there frequently, Matasa, Greycliff, Gurhka's, ect---it can certainly be quite a deal if you know what your looking for. Thanks for looking out for us on the board....its appreciated.
  • Options
    jeff_connorsjeff_connors Posts: 483
    Speaking of samplers..what going on with the, Don Pepin Garcia Variety Sampler
    http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?prod=SP-VCBASST1
    Picture has ten cigars, description says only eight? the series JJ maduro is not mentioned, and one of the photos of the blue label sports the old band style
  • Options
    Funny story... Well funny for you guys, sad for me. I had a new employee managing the custom sampler. He accidentally pit the Gurkha His Majestys Reserve in the selection (msrp $750.00 a stick). By the time I realized it we had taken 4 orders. Of course, since it was our mistake, I honored it. Needless to say, I got 4 customers for life but took a huge loss.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Ouch!
  • Options
    plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    Wow!!! What a sampler.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Alex Svenson:
    Funny story... Well funny for you guys, sad for me. I had a new employee managing the custom sampler. He accidentally pit the Gurkha His Majestys Reserve in the selection (msrp $750.00 a stick). By the time I realized it we had taken 4 orders. Of course, since it was our mistake, I honored it. Needless to say, I got 4 customers for life but took a huge loss.

That has to be the customer service story of the year ...Hats off to you Alex ...
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:

Ummmm... yeah, my order was the 5th and you just didn't see it... no need for the other sticks either... I'll just take the Gurkha... actually, I probably just forgot what else I ordered, no worries
  • Options
    It is not so different from another story I heard from Paolo Garzaroli of Graycliff. As you may or may not know, they have the second largest private wine colleciton in the world. Really an amazing thing to see if you ever get down to Nassau. Anyway, I was shooting the *** with them on a recent visit to their factory and they told me a story about a certain wine they buy. Annually only 500 cases are made and they are on allocation as decided by the queen of this country. They get one case a year and every year Enrico (the owner and Paolo's dad) guards the stuff with his life. It is extremely expensive. As the story goes, Paolo and Enrico left for the RTDA one year (the annual cigar trade show) and when they got back, Enrico spotted one of his prize bottles under the bar half full. Because they only offer it to their clients by the bottle (for thousands of dollars mind you) he asked the bartender what was up. I guess while he was away, they ran out of the house wine for this particular variety and the bartender substituted bottles from this case until the next shipment of the house arrived. You can only imagine what happened next.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    It is not so different from another story I heard from Paolo Garzaroli of Graycliff. As you may or may not know, they have the second largest private wine colleciton in the world. Really an amazing thing to see if you ever get down to Nassau. Anyway, I was shooting the *** with them on a recent visit to their factory and they told me a story about a certain wine they buy. Annually only 500 cases are made and they are on allocation as decided by the queen of this country. They get one case a year and every year Enrico (the owner and Paolo's dad) guards the stuff with his life. It is extremely expensive. As the story goes, Paolo and Enrico left for the RTDA one year (the annual cigar trade show) and when they got back, Enrico spotted one of his prize bottles under the bar half full. Because they only offer it to their clients by the bottle (for thousands of dollars mind you) he asked the bartender what was up. I guess while he was away, they ran out of the house wine for this particular variety and the bartender substituted bottles from this case until the next shipment of the house arrived. You can only imagine what happened next.
    That is one bartender that will probably never see the light of day again...

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Alex Svenson:
    Man, sorry I missed that! One of these days I will buy a HMR but not at $750. If they even get back to the $200 range that they were a while ago I may consider it just to say I have had one.