Home General Discussion
Options

usps rates

danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just left my PO. Apparently as of today rates went up. Also, DC#s are now included. No more little green stickies.
"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR

Comments

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard that from the PO. What's the new rate?
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    cool that DC included now.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got back from the PO as well. I shipped one to Gaetano in NY and the woman said that Priority or 1st Class would get there the same day..... 1st class was $2.10 and Priority was $6.20. The $6.20 seems really high for it to go to NY seeing as I shipped to Biodarwin in Louisiana and it was the same price.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    last pack i sent was to texas only paid 5.10 including dc.so sounds like they went up about 10% maybe well get better service now.....
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    twistedstem:
    last pack i sent was to texas only paid 5.10 including dc.so sounds like they went up about 10% maybe well get better service now.....
    LOL this increase is just to offset their never ending poor business plan since they loose money every quarter, so I doubt anything is changing but the price.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vision:
    I just got back from the PO as well. I shipped one to Gaetano in NY and the woman said that Priority or 1st Class would get there the same day..... 1st class was $2.10 and Priority was $6.20. The $6.20 seems really high for it to go to NY seeing as I shipped to Biodarwin in Louisiana and it was the same price.
    I'm going from memory here, but I think Priority flat rate small box used to be 5.10 + .75 for DC. So 5.85 total.
    $6.20 now, that's not bad IMHO.

And yes --- 1st class will usually get there in the same amount of time --- as long as you bring your own box that's usually a better deal if it's a light package (like cigars).

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    chemforever:
    twistedstem:
    LOL this increase is just to offset their never ending poor business plan since they loose money every quarter, so I doubt anything is changing but the price.
    FWIW....

(Thread jack)
    "The USPS is not technically “broke” — yet." Source
    "The postal service is not a federal agency. It does not cost taxpayers a dollar. It loses money only because Congress mandates that it do so. What it is is a miracle of high technology and human touch. It's what binds us together as a country." Source

More here, here, and here.
    (/Thread jack)

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    always choose 1st class as long as its under 11 ounces i think? cheaper and gets there just as fast as priority and you can get confirmation if you want
  • Options
    I shipped out a stogie stand. $0.12 more. That reminds me, pic time :)
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    IMO this whole new dc# stuff is really awesome!! Now all I have to do is put the boxes down and not say a word lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    I also went to the PO today. I printed out my shipping labels for my flat rate boxes yesterday or saturday. The lady told me that if you use the commercial flat rate online that the prices have not gone up. its only when you walk in the actual building. So, i paid 5.15 online for what is now 6.20 in the store.
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    It was always 6.10 for a small flat rate priority box here... not sure what it will be now.
  • Options
    pelirrojo:
    It was always 6.10 for a small flat rate priority box here... not sure what it will be now.
    +1 including dc#
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    I have always paid $5.15 with tracking and DC. But i always print labels out online
  • Options
    ThreadJacker3000ThreadJacker3000 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    jgibv:
    chemforever:
    twistedstem:
    FWIW....

(Thread jack)
    "The USPS is not technically “broke” — yet." Source
    "The postal service is not a federal agency. It does not cost taxpayers a dollar. It loses money only because Congress mandates that it do so. What it is is a miracle of high technology and human touch. It's what binds us together as a country." Source

More here, here, and here.
    (/Thread jack)
    I like you're style John.