Home General Discussion
Options

what cubans should i buy?

i going to the bahamas next week and want to smoke some overrated & overpriced cubans, what should i get. my goto sticks r: desiel,desiel unl.,my father,carlos torano '50 yr.',ashton vsg... so what cubans should i get?

Comments

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.C.:
    i going to the bahamas next week and want to smoke some overrated & overpriced cubans, what should i get. my goto sticks r: desiel,desiel unl.,my father,carlos torano '50 yr.',ashton vsg... so what cubans should i get?
    Be very careful where you buy from down there.
    Lots of fakes floating around ....

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Not the ones on the beach.....
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:

Or the ones in the hotel either. Need to look for a "La Casa del Habano"
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Whatever you decide, only buy from a CdLH otherwise you're setting your self up for disappointment.
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Steve2010:
    Whatever you decide, only buy from a CdLH otherwise you're setting your self up for disappointment.
    +++++++++++++++++++ What he said.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    sounds like you enjoy fuller bodied cigars... think Bolivar.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Banana leaf!
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    R.C.:
    I wouldn't bother, you won't enjoy them. Stick with the premium stuff.
  • Options
    Diamondog:
    R.C.:
    Like Backwoods or Black & Mild?
  • Options
    R.C.R.C. Posts: 16
    what is "la casa del habano"? i was only planning on buying sticks from the hotel ATLANTIS cigar shop.
  • Options
    R.C.R.C. Posts: 16
    what is CDLH?
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    LCDH is La Casa del Habano. Its like a sanctioned store for cuban cigars.
  • Options
    pelirrojo:
    LCDH is La Casa del Habano. Its like a sanctioned store for cuban cigars.
    It is the ONLY place to buy if you want cigars that are guranteed to be Cuban. They are the only sanctioned distributor of Cuban cigars by the Cuban government. If you buy anyplace else, you will probably be buying fakes at very high prices.
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Look for the LCDH and then look for the Partagas Serie D #4. There are alot of really good looking fakes down there and there aren't any deals on real CC's.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    R.C.:
    what is "la casa del habano"? i was only planning on buying sticks from the hotel ATLANTIS cigar shop.

Don't do it!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    R.C.:
    Yeah I would like to echo DD on this. Unless you like a bit more lighter smokes or allow yourself too you more than likely won't like CC's. But if you go into them thinking they aren't nearly like the ones you just wrote down then you may discover some good cigars. If you can find a good shop the cohiba siglos are good as well as some behikes. I love fuller cigars as well but I also like lighter ones too. I do know others who only like one or the other.