Home General Discussion

Did I goof??

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
I posted a new thread this morning regarding an event being held by a local B&M here in Northern California and when I went back to see if there had been any replies I found that it had disappeared completely.

I mentioned the local B&M by name and the name of their event scheduled for September, but I don't understand how that could be considered a faux pas since the B&M can't possibly be any competition to Cigar.com. I mean, they're a local B&M in an obscure little town in No. California.

Can someone give me a clue as to what happened to my thread?

Thanks,

Marty

Comments

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    jlmarta:
    I posted a new thread this morning regarding an event being held by a local B&M here in Northern California and when I went back to see if there had been any replies I found that it had disappeared completely.

I mentioned the local B&M by name and the name of their event scheduled for September, but I don't understand how that could be considered a faux pas since the B&M can't possibly be any competition to Cigar.com. I mean, they're a local B&M in an obscure little town in No. California.

Can someone give me a clue as to what happened to my thread?

Thanks,

Marty

My guess would be gremilns... I don't see any harm in telling about an event at a local B&M.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the quick reply. Maybe that's what it was. I'll try it again and see what happens. I'd think that if C.Com didn't want me posting something like that they'd at least PM me or something.

Marty

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Its back up.
  • As a newbie, could someone tell me what B&M satnds for?
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Smokin' Jim:
    As a newbie, could someone tell me what B&M satnds for?
    Brick and Mortar.. ( cigar store )
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Yea i don't know why that would be an issue. IMHO local B&Ms aren't really competitors with cigar.com. Its a different product. Like I said JMO but ...
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    Yea i don't know why that would be an issue. IMHO local B&Ms aren't really competitors with cigar.com. Its a different product. Like I said JMO but ...
    I think a B&M is kinda like a cigar strip club... You go there for the ambiance, the setup, the intrigue and the conversation...

You go home with your mind full of all the expensive and attractive sticks and your bag full of the cheapies and seconds

Basically you know it's a little pricey, but every now and then you gotta splurge on yourself
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    I generally go to a BM as a spur of the moment thing, if im away from home and dont want to go back for my stock, ill just buy one while im out. not very often. in a way its a shame, I really would like to support local stores, but their prices are not competitive enough compared to online shops such as cigar.com. the same thing with hobby stores, when you really need somthing right now they are fantastic to have around, but its hard to justify buying from local shops in general.