Home Cigar 101
Options

La Aurora Vintage?

onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm hoping that someone can give me some info on these, the guy at the B&M says they are a 20 yr aged wrapper. I haven't been able too find much info on my own.

Comments

• Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Looks like a La Aurora Preferidos, but that's about all the help I can give.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    From the sister:

Gorgeous.

The Preferidos line was the first cigar manufactured in the Dominican Republic back in 1903. Its beautiful, unique shape was designed to offer a perfect smoke of varying intensities. Preferidos, the cigar that established the cigar-making tradition of the Dominican Republic, is now rolled in limited quantities. This time-tested, super-premium cigar offers the finest wrappers and vintage long-fillers aged patiently aged in rum barrels.

Great news! La Aurora Preferidos has been named one of Cigar Aficionado's Top 50 Cigars. Along with a '91' rating, the magazine noted, "An attractive perfecto with a supple and smooth wrapper. It's earthy and smooth, with a cedary and toasty character and a hint of coffee beans. The finish is slightly spicy. A tasty and balanced cigar."

Also, with an amazing, '93' rating, the Preferidos Limited Edition 2006 Cameroon received the highest mark in a recent Cigar Aficionado. Here is what they had to say: "This oily, toothy cigar gives off a rich aroma. It loads the palate with sweet wood & cream. The finish resonates with cocoa & spice. Balanced & Elegant."
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice find! Wouldn't say it's a 20yr old wrapper but it is a original release. Hope you didn't break the bank
    Money can't buy taste