Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Huge possibility for SPLITS!

So... This post is two things in one - a question and an offer... I will be buying a variety of samplers and boxes, etc and for cost effectiveness and because I do NOT have enough space and do NOT want to buy yet another humi, I wanted to see if people here would be interested in "helping me out" and doing some splits with me... When I have a list of everything that I want to get/split - I will post it here. For example - I might be looking to get a certain sampler with decades, cask strength IIs, nica libres, etc in it and then I can split the sampler with somebody. Evenly or unevenly... In any case I can get some good deals and would be nice... So.. Now to the question:

What is the procedure for a split? How does one go about it? Its different than trading because it actually involves money. How do you do the exchange? I trust most people here on the trading list so I guess mailed check is fine.. But also - what about the shipping? When I mail it to you - do we split the cost or you pay for your shipping? If I get free shipping on my purchases I do not mind splitting shipping costs because it is a fair deal - u help me out and I help u out... anyway... Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I'd definitely be interested. Running low on Decades and I'm sure there will be others I'd be interested in as well. Let me know what you end up deciding to buy.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I know exactly the sampler you're talking about, it was hard for me not to jump on it as well. Unfortunately, I'm not really in a position to be picking up too many more smokes right now, otherwise I'd jump all over your offer.

As far as your questions:
    Generally one person will procure the cigars. The other particpant(s) in the split will send their money to the procurer, either by check/money order or PayPal, depending on what works best for everyone involved in the split. As far as shipping, that all gets worked out between the splitties, I don't see an issue with helping to cover the costs of shipping though.
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    I have only done 1 split and it was a 3 way! Maddy, Luko and I went in on a box of Nordings. It was real easy. Maddy told me how much my third was, so I sent him a check and a few days later I got the sticks. However, now that I think about it I don't remember anything about the shipping. I hope Maddy didn't cover that out of his own pocket. Maddy?
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    I don't know the sampler you are talking about but it does sound good with the cask strength and Nica Libres. I would be willing to split with you
  • Options
    Renaissance_Man:
    So... This post is two things in one - a question and an offer... I will be buying a variety of samplers and boxes, etc and for cost effectiveness and because I do NOT have enough space and do NOT want to buy yet another humi, I wanted to see if people here would be interested in "helping me out" and doing some splits with me... When I have a list of everything that I want to get/split - I will post it here. For example - I might be looking to get a certain sampler with decades, cask strength IIs, nica libres, etc in it and then I can split the sampler with somebody. Evenly or unevenly... In any case I can get some good deals and would be nice... So.. Now to the question:

What is the procedure for a split? How does one go about it? Its different than trading because it actually involves money. How do you do the exchange? I trust most people here on the trading list so I guess mailed check is fine.. But also - what about the shipping? When I mail it to you - do we split the cost or you pay for your shipping? If I get free shipping on my purchases I do not mind splitting shipping costs because it is a fair deal - u help me out and I help u out... anyway... Thanks!
    Let me know when the you make the list...i will split some with you
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I would be willing to help with the split if you are still looking for people. I've been wanting to try the Nica Libre
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Vegas Cask Strength II is amazing! Well.... so are those other smokes. I got one of these and enjoyed them all.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Jdorais:
    I have only done 1 split and it was a 3 way! Maddy, Luko and I went in on a box of Nordings. It was real easy. Maddy told me how much my third was, so I sent him a check and a few days later I got the sticks. However, now that I think about it I don't remember anything about the shipping. I hope Maddy didn't cover that out of his own pocket. Maddy?
    I think he added the shipping cost to the total and we each paid a third. At least I'm pretty sure he did, I hope so. That was a good split...I don't have room for a whole box, but 8 nordings was just what the doctor ordered. I love those.
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Ok... So here are some of the "deals" or whatever you want to call them... Now... Some of these go "together" apparently because they are in a sampler.. However, if enough people are interested we might be able to plan the combinations in such a way that everybody gets what they want - a little from here, a little from there... Apparently I will not post links to actual things on here.. Some of them are from CCOM.. Some are not.. some I'll bid on, etc...

The following are what YOU can get. I keep what's left (pretty much its a 50/50 split hahaaah). If you want the details on the actual sampler = PM, I guess money should not be listed here cause this would look like a bazaar

Rocky Patel Mini-Salomons - 2x ITC 10th Ann, 2x Fusion, 2x Signature
    Mild/Medium Sampler - 3x Fonseca Vintage Robustos, 3x Verdadero Ogranic Torpedos
    Medium/Full Sampler - 3x Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro Robustos, 3x Camacho SLR Robustos, 3x 5 Vegas Relic, 3x Perdomo Reserve Maduro Robustos, 3x Padilla 1932 Robustos
    RP Sampler - 2x RP 1990 Mini-Belicoso, 2x RP Decades Toro, 1x JAVA Corona
    Box-Pressed Sampler - 2 of each of the following - Rocky Patel Decade Torpedo (6.5" x 52), Gurkha Avenger G5 Torpedo (6" x 52), 5 Vegas Cask-Strength II (6" x 52), Cuba Libre Magnum (5.5" x 55), Nica Libre Exclusivo (5.5" x 50)

More will probably be added... Interested?

Cheers!
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Count me in for the Medium/Full sampler. I really only need one of each so if someone else wants to try it feel free.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    The box press sampler is the one I like best.
  • Options
    Any other people interested...? Hugemoose? Get some Fonsecas?
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Renaissance_Man:
    Any other people interested...? Hugemoose? Get some Fonsecas?
    That RP sampler is looking pretty good...... :-) Send me a PM if I can have dips on this and then can deal with the money and shipping.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Oh, and I don't have any fonsecas, but I have had them before and I am not wild about them. Plus, I still have a lot of Verdaderos left. But, that Decade is looking mighty fine!!
  • Options
    Awesome! So for now I got you three! Any other parties can still post... Will send PMs later cause i dont have much time now... Thanks, lads!
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goldy:
    Count me in for the Medium/Full sampler. I really only need one of each so if someone else wants to try it feel free.
    I wouldn't mind getting the rest of the medium/full if Goldy gets one of each. Just PM me if it is okay since I am new here.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    PM me if you have any RP decades in the sampler left and what their cost is. Thanks!
  • Options
    Ok... ALL people have been PM-ed! Check your messages boys and tell me what you think about the splits... After last night I also want to get some more 5 Vegas stogies... So I did a "custom" (over the phone) sampler with... some other site and I have this also to offer:

5 Vegas Stan's Nickel - 5x 5Vegas Miami and 5x 5Vegas "A" all in toro size with the A being a box-press...

Also, I still seem to have the RP Solomons sampler and the Mild/Medium sampler available for splits.. Interested? Some of you might be familiar with the solomon sampler... this is the only one which is not 50/50 when it comes to the actual brands listed... from that sampler I keep - 1x ITC, 3x RP MM, and 1x Fusion and 1x Signature...

Cheers!
  • Options
    Just to clarify cause I don't know if I mentioned it in previous posts - half of the "samplers" listed here are actually things I have made "custom" at a certain retailer after calling them and bargaining... They may not last for too long... And as far as freebies - i will not be getting any because of the fact that they are giving me good prices on these "customs"... But I will send "freebies" along with my packages lol... Anyway... Just FYI..
  • Options
    I'd be happy to split that 5 vegas sampler. In the recently mentioned post.
  • Options
    Thewelder:
    I'd be happy to split that 5 vegas sampler. In the recently mentioned post.
    You have been PM-ed Welder!
  • Options
    The only stuff left from the splits I offered is this:

Mild/Medium Sampler - 3x Fonseca Vintage Robustos, 3x Verdadero Ogranic Torpedos

Thanks to everybody for the participation! You guys just spent my money! hahaahaha
  • Options
    Pm returned
  • Options
    Thewelder:
    Pm returned
    Back at ya...