Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Opus X Love Affair

chrisloldschrislolds Posts: 434 ✭✭
I don't have the most refined palate, I haven't experienced even a moderate amount of cigars, but I am trying to improve on both of those.

What I do know however is the Love Affair that I now have with the Opus X Love Affair cigar.

I had the opportunity to have one of these amazing sticks this last weekend and it was like no other cigar I've ever had.

I slowly and carefully toasted the little foot on it, taking great care to let the cigar light itself from the heat of the torch. A short while later after some spontaneous combustion I gently took my first puffs and was blown away by the immediate and unique taste. It wasn't an overwhelming taste but more of a very gentle, amazingly flavorful taste that filled my entire mouth. At the time I couldn't put my finger on it, it started with a very gentle spice with what I thought was a lot of creaminess at the time but later realized was a chocolate flavor. This stayed with the cigar until the very end.

Several strangers walked past me while I was smoking this magnificent stick and nearly every single one of them commented about how amazing the cigar smelled and that they had never smelt someone smoking a cigar that smelled like that, several commented that it smelled like it would taste amazing. I'm not quite sure what the smell on the other side of this was compared to other cigars, but I can only think to myself that I was getting the chance to taste what they had imagined from the smell, and it was amazing.

Comments

• Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds amazing! Makes me want to go and find one for myself.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing that experience. This one sounds very special.
  • Options
    Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    I remember my first opus x. I had the exact same experience as you. Now you should try an opus x lost city. That one is even better!

oh yea, you also have a pm
  • Options
    Thanatos0320:
    I remember my first opus x. I had the exact same experience as you. Now you should try an opus x lost city. That one is even better!

I definitely plan on it, got a few I have to try soon.
  • Options
    chrislolds:
    Thanatos0320:

I definitely plan on it, got a few I have to try soon.
    I've heard the Fuente Anejo's are very similar as well, Shizz beat me down with some of those amazing bad boys, excited to try them as well.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    One word, ****! Power ranger **** is my favorite size, but opus is a great cigar. The lost city as well. I'm happy you enjoyed it!