Home Cigar 101
Options

Cigar caddy how to

Just got a new 10 cigar caddy with flora foam humidifier in the mail today. Anyone have any advise/exp. with using these things? How long can cigars live in them? How are the RH lvls and what not?

Comments

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I thought it was for golf... but sadly I have no intel for you.
  • Options
    Something link this http://www.cigarcaddy.com/
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'd recommend putting a humi-care pillow in there if you can, or maybe a tubo with holes punched in it and filled with beads.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    It depends,
    Those things are AIR Tight and we all know what happens to a Coolerdor that is air tight, the Rh just goes UP and UP! I have a 5 cigar one that Kuzi sent me... I don't even charge the little disc... My Cigars are at the right Rh and if the unit is airtight, by the time the Caddy is Regulated I'm sure my cigars haven't lost ANY Rh save for a little (not a noticeable difference)

If you are worried, or going on a long trip, I've used two drops of a PG solution and it was fine, or the BEST way is Beads... they can take out or put in.

But for a weekend trip I'd say do nothing and be done with it!
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like Lassy says, they are not for long term storage. I use mine if I am going somewhere a plan to bring a few smokes to share, it keeps them from getting crushed or damaged. It's usually just for the ride and while I'm there smoking with friends.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    .... or maybe a tubo with holes punched in it and filled with beads.
    this is what i do. like my humidor, my herf-a-dor never leaves 65%rH.