Home Non Cigar Related
Options

It's never their machine

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
It's always something that you've done or you're not using the correct products.
We have a 3 year old Breckwell pellet stove. Bought it brand new.
It replaced a 20 year old Whitfield pellet stove.

There was nothing wrong with the Whitfield, just that the newer ones will ignite themselves and turn off by themselves.

This one has gone through several igniters, burnpots and control boards.
The neighbor's Harman pellet stove, he never cleans it, I clean mine every week, buys the same pellets as me and NEVER has any problems.

So I email Breckwell. Ask what they think might be the problem.
Their reply. You don't clean it enough. You are using the wrong pellets or you aren't keeping them dry and you aren't replacing the igniter correctly.

Isn't that like telling someone that they are using the wrong key and the wrong gas in their car?
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this keeps up, soon you'll be changing your username to Below0patienc. :-)
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use to work with a guy who always wanted a Jeep. He finally got one, all gussied up.

Problem is, it spent more time being repaired then on the road. And always they would hint it was his fault.

Wrong person to screw with. He had a friend who allowed him to park the Jeep on his property, which was visible from the dealership. He put a big yellow lemon sign on it and then took them to court.

I didn't even know there were "Lemon" laws on the books. After a few months the dealership offered to give him another Jeep. He told them to shove it and wanted every dime he spent on it, in cash. He got it.

The story was covered by the local news and I am sure it hurt the dealerships bottom line.

My mother on the other hand bought a commercial grade Oreck vacuum cleaner. The one that advertises it weighs only 8 pounds. There was a small problem with it, don't even remember what it was. But she had to do some kind of fix every time she used it. Finally she called Oreck and after she explained the problem the lady who took her call said she knew exactly what my mother was talking about. Not only did they give her a new machine but the guy who delivered it took the old one away. He made a follow up call a month later to make sure there were no problems. And Oreck sent her a letter of apologie signed by the owner himself.

Remember when pride was part of what you bought.....
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Their reply. You don't clean it enough. You are using the wrong pellets or you aren't keeping them dry and you aren't replacing the igniter correctly.

Isn't that like telling someone that they are using the wrong key and the wrong gas in their car?
    I believe this is called the "GET NISHED" approach to customer service.

Damn that sucks. Those things aren't cheap either!
    I'd be calling the manufacturer & the vendor your purchased it from everyday until I received a response.
    Or look on the website and see if you can find info for a higher up in the company and contact them directly, that's some B/S.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Got into a fight with cable few years ago, I lost the battle but won the war, well so to speak, lol. Started with emails but no resolution, a written letter to corporate offices does much more good. You need to build a case, it's up to the consumer now. Do your homework, it may take more than one letter, and some time. But first decide if it's really worth it.

Don't own one of these but a friend had a problem that ended up being ventilation related.