Home General Discussion
Options

Camacho Blackout Vs. Room 101 Black Scale

Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2015 in General Discussion
I was browsing cigars and saw this new Room 101 cigar blended by Matt Booth.

Room 101 Series Black Scale is another knockout from the daring minds at Davidoff and Camacho Cigars. The Black Scale is specially blended from mastermind Matt Booth, using specialty aged tobaccos delivering complexity and boldness from the huge Davidoff war chest of tobacco inventory.

The wrapper was grown in 2006, and only top primings are used in this outstanding blend, then fermented using an uncommon "press-fermentation" process where additional weight is added to the aging piles. This raises the internal temperatures of the fermenting tobacco. The wrapper was then given extra time to rest and the result is a dark, sweet and rich leaf with a ton of oil. For the rest of the blend, a binder from 2009 and fillers from 2003, 2008 and 2009 were chosen to round out the complex and flavorful profile in this small batch production line. Grab your 5-pack today, additional sizes in the works, so don't miss out on these killer cigars from one of the boldest cigar makers in the world.

Wait a second... that sounded familiar. A cigar from Camacho with a 2006 wrapper and aged filler and binder?  

Camacho Blackout

Camacho Blackout Limited Edition is another knockout from the daring minds at Camacho Cigars. The Blackout is what happens when you take Camacho's signature complexity and boldness and add in a heap of super aged tobaccos. The wrapper was grown in 2006. It was picked from top primings and fermented using an uncommon "press-fermentation" process where additional weight is added to the aging piles. This raises the internal temperatures of the fermenting tobacco. The wrapper was then given extra time to rest and the result is a dark, sweet and rich leaf with a ton of oil. For the rest of the blend, a binder from 2009 and fillers from 2003, 2008 and 2009 were chosen to round out the complex and flavorful profile.

On top of using all those aged tobaccos to roll the Blackout, these special stogies were rested an additional 2 years before going to market, a process that normally only lasts a few months. Camacho went all out on these cigars, and their hard work and patience is your reward. Don't miss out on these killer cigars from one of the boldest cigar makers in the world.

I recall a recent email deal from somewhere with Camacho Blackouts on super sale, and while I never tried one reviews were overwhelmingly mediocre.  So.... new band and say it's Matt Booth's?  It IS a new size I guess. *Scratch that. The Blackout was released in a 6×60 as well.

The 101 looks like a store exclusive so I'm not naming names.  But did the retailer mix up sales writeup's or is this Crowned Heads round 2?(kidding).  

From Halfwheel regarding the Black Scale: The line is described as a “small batch” with additional sizes coming, although production numbers were not disclosed.

Hmmmm, yes. I predict a Churchill size and a figurado.  (Those are Blackout vitolas).
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America