Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Stephen Kings, The Dark Tower, to become a movie soon

skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3352768/director-locked-stephen-kings-dark-tower/

Hells yeah!  I loved the Gunslinger series.  Cannot wait for this!!
How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          

Comments

• Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
     I'm a huge fan of KIngs, I probably have a copy of almost everything he's written. The Gunslinger series is a favorite, I actually just finished re-reading VI Song of Susannah yesterday. Unfortunately most of his books don't transfer to the big screen very well, even The Stand at 6 hr's long was hard to follow unless you had already read the book and if you've read the book the movie is a let down.    
  • Options
    I know that is usually the case. But I'm gonna hold out hope that they nail this one. 
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll believe it when they start production. This has been in developmental hell for over ten years.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like king but he just goes on and on and on sometimes just describing something I always wind up just skipping pages to get thru it. 
  • Options
    armyvetarmyvet Posts: 37
     The Stand an all time favorite, movie was not so good. I think I had different looks of the people in mind. Pet Semetary was another. I do think Straub is scarier writer.
  • Options
    Agreed. The Stand was my fav, along with It. The movie series for both, sucked.  But I'll hold out hope that in today's movie technology, they can do better. 
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    King spends so much time developing his characters, it's hard to translate into movies or TV.  The only one that seemed to work was "Misery" because of only two main characters.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    I really do not see this working as a live action movie. There is so much detail and development that I dont think they could do it in a 3-4 hour movie. 
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Releases August 4th.
    Mixed reviews, mixed emotions about who is playing Roland, blah blah blah.
    Gonna go see it.

I still think there were better choices of who they are starring.
    The question still remains as to where the movie starts and ends.
    Clearly, it doesn't start at the beginning.

Either way, I think it will be an interesting movie.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will watch it, but like "I Am Legend" I will try to think of it as a coincidentally similar movie to avoid the inevitable heartbreak.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Wylaff said:
    I will watch it, but like "I Am Legend" I will try to think of it as a coincidentally similar movie to avoid the inevitable heartbreak.
    Sounds like the best approach.  Though I am going to re-read the series before watching.  I'm sure the movie will be good, but as you said, coincidentally similar.  There is no way hollywood can do justice to this book series.  It would take 20+ movies to do so.

• Options
    RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is made as a continuation of the books. Roland on his NEXT journey to the tower. I'm avoiding it because to me the story was perfect as it was written.
    Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland