3 inch exhaust,
    Runs and drives fine
    5 core radiator
    new interior

will take 12.5

opinions
  • Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't buy a classic car without seeing it first. I had a 1967 Camaro I was restoring and it only looked like a little bit of rust, but when everything was said and done it needed two rear quarter panels, a new sail panel, rear deck lid, dash panel, and shoulders. It is hard to tell what is wrong until you jack it in the air and go over it with a magnet and flashlight. It turned into 12k dollars worth of body work pretty quickly, and it really didn't look that bad until I stripped the car down. I would go to a good guys show in August and check out what's there you can find some really nice projects all the way to finished cars for 12-15k. Just my two cents.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Absolutly not for that price. 5K at most.

non big block car. Power steering assembly is from a small block and an early 60s one at that. Heads have casting lines of truck 119cc chambers. id expect a low compression engine

Brake lines have been streched excessivly for the disk conversion. was a drum / manual brake std body. body flex will work harden and break them

Id question the 12bolt rear. unless swapped in, never happened in this body. same with the posi/locker.

not a 5 core rad. biggest brass copper they make for the chevelle is 4 core.

guages were a attempt to hide the low performance cluster that it originally had. Also was a colum **** car. not floor.

Was also a non AC car, only had heater and that assembly has been removed.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys I really appreciate the input, I decided to pass.  Never even noticed those brake lines man, now that you pointed them out they're really obvious.  Going to take expendables advice and go to a goodguys meet.  
  • Options
    definitly, and if you can take a heavy gear head with you..do it.

you need a guy with panel thumping abilities and ears trained for lope. will make all the difference in the end.

If you find a car at a goodguys event, i can hook you up with a few knowledgeable guys to help you out. Muscle car buying is big buisness right now, and you would be amazed at the number of clones and bondo machines selling for mint prices.
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech - Isn't this place amazing? Not only can you get the best advise on everything cigar related but who the hell would have caught brake lines being stretched in that picture. dr frank that was an amazing catch. 
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I hope you find a Chevelle though..... one of the most iconic and amazing cars to drive!
  • Options
    Jetmech - Isn't this place amazing? Not only can you get the best advise on everything cigar related but who the hell would have caught brake lines being stretched in that picture. dr frank that was an amazing catch. 

I build muscle cars for a living. I see all this kinda stuff all the time, and really the brake lines were really pretty low on the priority list, as i was more concerned about getting to the bottom of which body this actually was. you wouldnt believe how many 6 cylinder grandma mobiles are suddenly rare and fabled SS car or big block tire fryers with miles of vintage history thats loaded bull spit.

While theres nuthing wrong with grandmas ol'beige Chevelle, I dont want my best cigar buds getting ripped for it either.