Home General Discussion
Options

Anyone in Memphis?

mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
Well I know I don't post as much as I used to but if anyone is in or near Memphis this weekend, I'd love to hook up and have a herf! ON ME!  Message me, I will be driving there this evening, staying at the Holiday Inn right next to the Peabody! 

Comments

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I know I don't post as much as I used to but if anyone is in or near Memphis this weekend, I'd love to hook up and have a herf! ON ME!  Message me, I will be driving there this evening, staying at the Holiday Inn right next to the Peabody! 
    story of my life
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wish brotha! 
    eat some good bbq for me while you're there!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Tennessee. I go there at least twice a year to see family. Might move there someday
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Havana Mix, baby!  Go get a Dyer's burger.

If only your trip had been in March.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Well dang! Was hoping to meet up with somebody as the wife and kid decided not to make the trip! I am looking fwd to that Memphis dry rub! Just got in to my room so if anyone is interested, let me know!
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Go to the BBQ Shop in midtown on Madison.  Better than Rendezvous, Central, or Corky's.  I understand the appeal of Rendezvous for tradition, and Central is pretty good.

And you need donuts.  I'm serious.  Go to Gibson's donuts for some of the best you'll ever have.  It's in East Memphis near another couple B&M's.  There's a Tinder Box with a nice lounge in the Poplar/Mendenhall area, and I think the other is called the Pipe Puffer or something.  Madison Smoke shop looks dingy, but I love talking with the guy who runs it.

@Thanatos0320 might be someone to check with, but I haven't seen him around in a while.

Going to the Bass Pro?  Great pics on top of the pyramid!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Matt, I'd love to herf with you. I'm close to Nashville. Will you be taking I-40 and I-24 on your return drive? I wonder if there's a chance our schedules might match up. 

PM me.