Home General Discussion
Options

Italian Style... Simply Toscano

I didn't find any tread about Italian cigars and...
how many of you have ever tried a Toscano?

Comments

• Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never tired any of those. They look pretty rustic.
  • Options
    KenyanbeesKenyanbees Posts: 7
    It is a typical male smoke but several women are getting attracted by this old and traditional Italian cigar.
    Since some years are available also scented with Vanilla, Grappa, Coffee, Chocolate and others.

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grappa cigar, this swisher of the Italian world.  Kidding. 

Are these handrolled, or machine made?   The only other cigar with Italian tobacco that comes to mind is the CAO Italia (duh).  Are there others?
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grappa cigar, this swisher of the Italian world.  Kidding. 

Are these handrolled, or machine made?   The only other cigar with Italian tobacco that comes to mind is the CAO Italia (duh).  Are there others?
    Mmm CAO Italia, haven't had that one in a long time..... Good smoke from what I remember

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn those are ugly smokes. 
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echambers said:
    And if they're anything like the crooked, ugly little ones my uncles used to smoke they'll knock you right on your butt... B)
  • Options
    @Grey4Lines  CAO... Italian... just the name and trhe flag. It's from Honduras

Types of Toscano Cigar

The Toscano cigars are made and sold in 27 different varieties:

* Toscano Originale

* Toscano Il Moro

* Toscanello Anice

* Toscano Originale 150

* Toscano Extravecchio

* Toscanello Caffe

* Toscano Originale Selected

* Toscano Classico

* Toscanello Fondente (Dark Chocolate)

* Toscano Originale Millennium

* Toscano Classico Vintage

* Toscanello Garibaldi

* Toscano Antica Riserva

* Toscano Garibaldi

* Toscanello Grappa

* Toscano Antica Tradizione

* Toscano Mascagni

* Toscanello Mocha

* Toscano Antico

* Toscano Modigliani

* Toscanello Scelto

* Toscano Anno Domini 1492

* Toscano Soldati

* Toscanello Speciale

* Toscano del Presidente

* Toscanello

* Toscanello Vanilla

Toscano Il Moro, handmade in limited quantities every year, is the only Toscano cigar which has its individual wooden packaging box. It is the most exclusive Toscano cigar and usually sold at a premium price. Other handmade Toscano cigars include Toscano Originale, Toscano Originale 150, Toscano Originale Selected, Toscano Millennium (limited edition), Toscano del Presidente (limited edition).

The Toscanello cigars are produced due to the popular custom of smoking Toscano cigars cut in half in Italy. Toscanello Garibaldi, Toscanello, and Toscanello Speciale are halves of Toscano Garibaldi, Toscano Classico, and Toscano Antico respectively. There is the Aroma series: Anice, Caffe, Fondente, Grappa, Mocha, and Vanilla which are lighter and more refreshing smoke.

• Options
    Echambers said:
    I agree they don't look sexy like a Cuban...  but taste is something else
    They can't be even compared to the american production (Avanti, Parodi, Petri, De Nobili).

Try one if you can find them in your place

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kenyanbees, they may be made in Honduras but they contain tobacco from Italy...  B)
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, parodi, ive heard of those, never had one. They are a cheap machine made cheroot?

And like Marty said, although perhaps not entirely italian, the CAO does have at least some Italian leaf.

Those to scans look cool. I'd smoke one if I ever saw one. 
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines said: I'd smoke one if I ever saw one. 
    +1. I'd try it
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So @Kenyanbees

How do we set up a trade? I have no idea about VAT or tax considerations outside the states

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Grey4Lines  CAO... Italian... just the name and trhe flag. It's from Honduras

Types of Toscano Cigar

The Toscano cigars are made and sold in 27 different varieties:

* Toscano Originale

* Toscano Il Moro

* Toscanello Anice

* Toscano Originale 150

* Toscano Extravecchio

* Toscanello Caffe

* Toscano Originale Selected

* Toscano Classico

* Toscanello Fondente (Dark Chocolate)

* Toscano Originale Millennium

* Toscano Classico Vintage

* Toscanello Garibaldi

* Toscano Antica Riserva

* Toscano Garibaldi

* Toscanello Grappa

* Toscano Antica Tradizione

* Toscano Mascagni

* Toscanello Mocha

* Toscano Antico

* Toscano Modigliani

* Toscanello Scelto

* Toscano Anno Domini 1492

* Toscano Soldati

* Toscanello Speciale

* Toscano del Presidente

* Toscanello

* Toscanello Vanilla

Toscano Il Moro, handmade in limited quantities every year, is the only Toscano cigar which has its individual wooden packaging box. It is the most exclusive Toscano cigar and usually sold at a premium price. Other handmade Toscano cigars include Toscano Originale, Toscano Originale 150, Toscano Originale Selected, Toscano Millennium (limited edition), Toscano del Presidente (limited edition).

The Toscanello cigars are produced due to the popular custom of smoking Toscano cigars cut in half in Italy. Toscanello Garibaldi, Toscanello, and Toscanello Speciale are halves of Toscano Garibaldi, Toscano Classico, and Toscano Antico respectively. There is the Aroma series: Anice, Caffe, Fondente, Grappa, Mocha, and Vanilla which are lighter and more refreshing smoke.

Are you a rep for this company? 
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    @ Echambers, I'm not representing any company, just passion for my cigars.
    The list above is from Wiki... I've just posted it to show you the different kind of available cigars.
    Unfortunately marketing is not as good as their products and i need to buy boxes on boxes, like there is no tomorrow, when I pass by Italy

• Options
    mikedelucamikedeluca Posts: 1
    @Kenyanbees @Eulogy @Gray4lines @jarubla @EulogyThat's a great poster! I'm a big fan of Toscano Antico (it's smoked by Clint Eastwood in those spaghetti westerns, he's such a badass). Definitely strong intense smoke, some days I cut it in half like the Italians do. Usually I get my stash from www.italiansmokes.com they've got quite a good selection. I think there's a Thanksgiving sale going on now, check it out for yourself.