Home General Discussion
Options

La Perla Habana Morado

genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
Even though my wife thinks I am crazy, I believe I need to order some more cigars! I see a deal on the la Perla but have not had one. Any opinions on these would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I highly recommend it. It's one of my favorite cigars, and priced well, especially on sale. Its Cameroon wrapper gives it a sweet taste up front, and the flavor moves between medium to full, with notes of coffee and mild spices. Its the only La Perla I really like. The others are either too mild or lack that sweetness that the Morado has. If you're not in a rush to buy I can send one, since it's one the few cigar I actually buy in bulk. 
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @genareddog, PM to you....  B)
  • Options
    I appreciate the offer raisindot and will let you know but I do have another question that I am sure I know the answer to but want to make sure. Is it just the demand on some of the cigars that are never discounted? It seems like on so many you can get 50% or more off retail but on others they don't discount at all. I don't have a b and m store anywhere close so I have to rely on the online stores. I keep waiting on the hemingways to go on sale but never happens ha! 
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuente doesn't allow it's products to be discounted 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
     I keep waiting on the hemingways to go on sale but never happens ha! 
    Yep, I'm waiting for that, too. :D

Buy the morados
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo, red dog, check your inbox.... 
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    I think these are a really good smoke! I would have jumped all over this deal, but I'm kinda at capacity
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be remiss if me to not tag @Bob_Luken on this thread :)
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Actually, Hemingways occasionally go on sale here but not "publicly." You have to be on one of the sale reps' email lists. And there are other sites that do sell Fuentes at a discount (won't name them here out of respect of c.com). 

Overall, however, it is true that you don't find that many "big discounts" on some of the more "prestigious" brands on online sites. The deals tend to be for those brands the online retailers have the strongest promotional relationships with. So you see lots of sales for Rocky, Man 'O War, CAO, Gurkha, 5 Vegas, Alec Bradley and the AJ lines, but relatively few for brands like Padron and Fuente. 
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @jarubla for telling me of this thread. I have not been paying attention lately ;) I've been a fan of the Morado since my early days as a new member to the forum and a new cigar smoker as well. The Morado is the first cameroon wrapped cigars to get my attention focused specifically on cameroon wrappers. I have always felt like they were worth more than the money needed to buy them. Turns out, I like Cameroon wrappers in general. ( The purple banded La Perla is the cameroon wrapped La Perla.)  I've had two boxes and some of the second box remains. I need to revisit them. I haven't had one in a while. 
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Patrickbrick says...  La Hurla, not La Perla.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:

Yeah, we know. Haha. Different smokes for different a-holes. 
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    peter4jc said:

Yeah, we know. Haha. Different smokes for different a-holes. 
    Well I can't argue with this, for alas it is true.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Thanks for the input! c.com made the same deal for me so ordered a box from them. Great information from you guys and a great company to deal with!
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    ....................................... I keep waiting on the hemingways to go on sale but never happens ha! 
    It's called MAP.............."minimum advertised price".
    Started with Fuente and Padron a while back.
    Others are joining in (Pete Johnson with his higher end stuff, some DE lines, etc.)
    Could eventually spread to most of the "good" cigars.
    The glory days are over.......................................until the embargo gets lifted.
    Then? Who knows............it may be the return of great cigars at great prices