Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

WTB Empty Wood Cigar Boxes

WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
Looking to buy a few wood cigar boxes to put in my cooler (I buy singles and samplers and like to store them in the boxes in my cooler). Looking for My Father or Ave Maria
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
— Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Yo @WaterNerd

I tried this a while back and grew frustrated. Just took up too much room! I then tried gallon zip lock bags with the top not zipped, and while it worked as an intermediate solution, combing through sticks was awkward. 

Best thing I have found?

Five finger poly bags, tops not zipped shut. 

They stack well, they make it easy to go through inventory, and the cigars stay properly humidified

Check out cigarbags.com

Great way to sort singles and fivers, IMHO

-Jay
    Post edited by jarubla on
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go with the gallon and small bovedas in each
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am telling ya...CAS puts the kibosh on the gallon bag. It is hard as eff to find anything that way...
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol. CAS puts the kibosh on humidors also. We should be raising money for this disease....
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    I use boxes in my coolers only if they are mostly full.  The problem is the motion of the cigar in those boxes.  You dont want to damage anything.  Gallon bags are good if you have all of the same company.  I agree with 5 finger bags.  they stack nicely, and you can see what you have.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the plastic CD storage crates from wally world.  They look like a miniature milk crate and cost about a buck.  Stack well and perfect size for cigars.  

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My local cigar store sells boxes for a buck a pop. They have three stores near me. I'll cruise by and see what I can score for you. I do the same way: boxes inside the coolidor. Works fine. Takes up space, but helps sort out.

What vitola?
    Has to be MF or AM; or are those simply preferred?

addy me
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Big Thank You to @webmost for hooking me up with a great selection of wood boxes for my chest. Now its time to fill them up B)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    Llado1Llado1 Posts: 62 ✭✭
    Damn all this guy smokes is premi prems!
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaterNerd said:
    Big Thank You to @webmost for hooking me up with a great selection of wood boxes for my chest. Now its time to fill them up B)

Your going to need another cooler!
  • Options
    Yes I do. On my list for this weekend :)

— Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you need more boxes.....I might know a guy...
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza said:
    If you need more boxes.....I might know a guy...
    Off course the shizz has conections 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    Thank you Jim @Bigshizza I'm picking up another chest this weekend and will let you know :)
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I place an order for cigars they usually have a comment box or a special request box in the order form and I always ask if they can ship my purchase in an empty cigar box if available and if needed. 9 times out of 10 they will. Its a suggestion for those looking for box storage etc.

I just had a 10 cigar order show up in Casa Magna Gigantor box. The box is the size of a mini cooler lol.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    Great suggestion. I'll try that on my next order  :)
    — Abraham Lincoln