Home General Discussion
Options

perfect 10 sampler

johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
So as a stay at home dad my cigar budget depends on the wife's mood. I think I'm going to try to weasel my way into one of  these  perfect 10 samplers. I would love to hear from some of you cigar pro's,on what two fivers would be your picks. My palette is still in the development level. Would love to try some new sticks. Thanks in advance for all your help.
Non Crux sed lux

Comments

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What flavor would you like to experience from a cigar?  Cedar, pepper, cocoa, etc?
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Stubble said:
    What flavor would you like to experience from a cigar?  Cedar, pepper, cocoa, etc?
    so I've found that I really enjoy the pepper flavor that I have tasted in the final third of some of the cigars i've tried. 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a budget I'd say 5 Vegas triple A would be a very good choice. Also a tat tattoo. Both are VERY good cigars for the money in my books. 
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,256 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CAO sampler packs can often be had relatively inexpensively, well behaved decent smokes.
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd recommend, Don Pepin Garcia, Jaime Garcia Reserva, 5 Vegas Triple A, Man O War, and of course you'll need to try the Punisher.  I'm sure that there will be other BOTL's with much more experience than me along soon with additional info.... 
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. The DPG blue is good and can get good deals if patient.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    edited February 2016
    Out of that sampler list, the Sam Leccia and Man o War Ruinations both have peppery characteristics. 
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fond of several, the Ave Maria, the CAO extreme, Perdomo Champagne for when a Connecticut mood hits me, also the Padilla Habano is good, and I like the Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur, hmmm, the Media Noche and MOW ruination,

Not sure I'm much help! I like different flavors when I'm in different moods.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Look forward to trying all these great suggestions. Thanks for all the great info 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    CigarFanaticCigarFanatic Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    I second that MOW ruination. It is my go-to budget stick every time. I keep a humidor full of them. 

How do make this text turn upside down?